Chapter 5: Human-Spider

Peter Parker's bike pedals rush in circular motion throughout the streets of Brooklyn, he thinks of his time with Ben, "With great power..."
Suddenly an oncoming car strikes Peter and his bike, he's thrown in the air but lands on his feet in a crouching motion. Peter looks to wear his bike now; it is destroyed, crushed by the car.
The driver of the car quickly exits.

??? "You ok kid?"

Peter "I'm fine... my bike isn't though..."

??? "Oh I'm so sorry... let me help you... I have a brother who could fix bikes like this... here let me give you my card."

The driver hands Peter his contact card.

??? " My name is Jeff Davis, that card has my number and my address."

Jeff then picks up Peter's destroyed bike and puts it in his trunk.

Jeff " I'll drop it off at your house whenever it's done..."

Peter " I need to give you my address then..."

Jeff "Oh no need I'll find you."

Peter then begins to walk down the street towards the fitness center.
He continues to reminisce on the past, while Peter is not paying attention, he mistakenly bumps into a man walking down the street in front of the gym.

Peter "Oh my... I'm so sorry sir."

??? "It's alright kid, where are you rushing to?"

Peter "Oh I just got into a bike accident, and for a fact, I'm going to this gym right here."

??? "You? In the competition... oh damn... Well, kid, I'm also competing today... you can call me Luke..."

Peter "Nice to meet you like... I'm Peter."

The two enter the gym to see a group of competitors.

Luke "OK kid... you have to sign in there on the board... you will need a stage name as well."

Peter "Oh I have one."

Peter has a smirk on his face and signs his name on the sheet.

Peter "What are some of these names m... Absorbing Man... Dude-Power... Cage... who would choose the name Cage... it's too simple."

Luke glances at the sheet.

Luke "Me... That's my last name... And with the name Human-Spider, you should not be talking... Also here if you don't want others to make fun of your bigass nose..."

Luke hands Peter a red ski mask.

Peter was shocked at what he said "My nose ain't even big...

Luke "I know..."

Peter slides the ski mask into his head and walks to his bench for the tournament.

Ring Master "OKKKK everyone It. Is. Time! For our yearly Powerlifting championship! Let's meet our contestants... the owner of this very gym... Absorbing man, he is a 7ft tall beast of fury, with a mind of rage he will be a large complication to the other competitors... we have two returning contestants from last year's tournament! The quiet but intimidating Dude-Power! The strongest man of the Hells Kitchen... Cage! And we have two new contestants here today to meet... THE HUMAN-SPIDER AND LADY POWER... let's go over the rules one last time... you will be given a set weight and if you fail to lift that weight you will be DISQUALIFIED!... Now let us begin the rounds that will go on until one Contestant remains... Let us begin!"

The ringmaster sets the weight to 100 pounds for round 1.

3.2.1. Start!

All 5 contestants lifted the weight of round 1.

Ringmaster "Congratulations everyone, let's start round two!"

The ringmaster sets the weight to 150 pounds for round 2.

3.2.1. Start!

All but 1 contestant succeeded in the lift.

Ringmaster "Uh ok it seems we lost one here... Dude-Power, YOU ARE ELIMINATED."

The ringmaster sets the round 3 weight to 250 pounds.

3.2.1. Start!

Only two contestants survive this round.

Ringmaster "Cage and Lady Power, I'm sorry to break it to you but you have been DISQUALIFIED!"

Round 4's weight has been set to 300 pounds.

3.2.1. Start!

The remaining two contestants lift the weight without a problem.

Ringmaster "We've never gone to round 5 before... let's set it to 600!"

The weight is set to 600.

3.2.1. Start!

The Human-Spider raises this weight with ease but Absorbing Man is unable to lift the round 5 weight.

Ring Master "AND we have a new champion! congratulations to the HUMAN Spider!"

Absorbing Man "No... NO... how could this be... I can't lose at my competition..."

Absorbing Man is in a fit of rage, he lifts the case of weights and throws it at Human-Spider. Seconds before impact, Cage jumps in front of the case.

Cage "Flank him, kid..."

Peter then quickly runs behind Absorbing Man. Peter charges the towering man, but before Peter can attack the Absorbing Man catches Peter's leg and slams him against the fitness center's wall.

Absorbing Man "You will regret beating me in the tournament..."

Before Absorbing Man finishes his statement Cage sucker punches him in the guy, and he falls to the ground on his knees, Absorbing Man gets ready to strike, but Lady Power cross-punches him causing Absorbing Man to drop unconscious on the ground.

Cage "Nice Cross Lady power."

Lady Power "Thanks... and call me Jess..."

Cage crouches next to Human-Spider.

Cage "You good kid?"

Human-Spider "Ow..."

Human-Spider stands up, you can hear his bones crack as he moves,

Cage "You gotta work on the fighting, and the stealth, and your agility... Oh, any other name than Human-Spider..."

Human-Spider "Like what?"

Luke Cage "What about Spider-Man?"