Chapter 17: Sewers That Never Sleep

*twip*

Peter in his silky red and blue Spider-Man uniform swings through the dark and ravaged streets of The Bronx.

Spider-Man  "Jesus Conners..."

Peter reaches the home of Dr.Conners, but the door is ripped open. Peter Enters the house, he sees a giant hole in the wall, artificial stairs have been created and a hole in the sewer can be found...

Spider-Man "Of course he went into the sewer... New York will never beat the reptiles in the sewer allegations..."

Peter walks down the dirty hallway and into the sewer.

Spider-Man "I cannot believe this is happening..."

Kevin on coms "What's wrong Peter?"

Spider-Man "

Kevin "Can you swim?"

Spider-Man "Uh yeah..."

Kevin on coms "Make sure you take your mask off or you will be waterboreded..."

Spider-Man "Alright..."

Peter then removes his mask and leaps into the deep murky water. He bobbles himself in the water.

Peter "Kevin... once I go deeper I'm going to lose signal..."

Kevin on coms "Catch you on the other side partner."

Peter begins to swim in the water, he cannot see very much, but he goes deeper and deeper. He reaches the other side of the flooded tunnel.

...3 hours later walking through the sewer...

Spider-Man "I might be close..."

Peter is approaching a large area in the sewer. With light illuminating from it.
Peter approaches with caution and is very frightened at what he may find.

He enters the large space, graffiti on the walls and ceiling, but a lab is set up in the corner, and Dr. Conners stands above the workstation.

Spider-Man "DR. CONNES! Stop what you are doing... now!"

Dr. Curt. Conners "Go away Peter... I didn't want to do what I did at school but I won't let you stop my work... I'm so close..."

Spider-Man "Conners... I'm trying to protect you... from yourself..."

Dr. Conners "You are a very bright kid Peter... too bad I have to eradicate you from this world... you could have been brilliant!"

Conners grabs a larger dose of the serum and injects himself with the mutagen, the lizard transformation process has begun, but this time a large spiked green tail emerges from behind The Lizard.

Spider-Man "Please Conners if you are still in there..."

The Lizard begins to charge at Peter, he lunges at Peter as he attempts to flee away from the scarlet beast. Peter gets slammed on the ground, beaten in the head by Lizard's large and girthy fist repeatedly.

The Lizard "SPIDERRRRRRR....."

Spider-Man "I'm sorry  Doc..."

Peter fires the Lizard cure at Conner's face, Peter then uppercuts Lizard using his foot.
The Lizard begins to shake, his skin begins to shed off his body and then grow back immediately, and the claws on the lizard begin to grow longer, sharper, and more terrifying.
The Lizard begins to grow, taller, sharper, and louder, the lizard is the size of the room and his tail whisks around the room.

Spider-Man "Oh hell..."

The Lizard "INSECT..."

The lizard runs toward Peter, grabs him by the throat, and jumps, he bursts into the street from the ground, his hand around Peter's neck, constricting. The streets of Manhatten come to a frightened shock, the lizard begins to climb a tower, smashing Peter into the wall every time he goes up higher. Eventually, the two reach the top, and Peter notices that the building is Oscorp Tower.

Spider-Man "Oscorp?"

A news helicopter comes in close to Lizard, Conners then throws Peter toward the copter, but to his surprise, Peter uses it to launch himself back toward Lizard, lizard then grabs Peter by the foot, slams him Into the ground, and throws him off the roof.
Peter is speeding down the street, he is dazed in the eyes, and everything is in a blur, he lifts his hand to shoot a web.

*Click*

Spider-Man "Huh?"

*click*

Spider-Man "No please... work... I don't wanna die..."

*Click* *click*

Spider-Man "I'm sorry may..."

Peter then smashes into the New York streets leaving a very large crator.