Chapter 20: Freindly Neighborhood Spider-Man

J Jonah Jameson "BRANT!"

Betty Brant "Yes sir?"

JJJ "Tell the printing team, tomorrow's headline... "The Day Saved... at what cost?"

Betty "All alright sir..."

... Somewhere in Harlem...

In a secluded alley, stood two individuals, one in a lab coat, and overweight, glasses, the other an African American man, in a hoodie.

Herman Shultz "Thank you for the upgrade Dr. Mason..."

Dr. Phin Mason "Anything for an old friend..."

Herman "That spider got an upgrade... why shouldn't I?"

Dr. Mason "For real... good luck Herman... but you said on the phone you've been employed by someone... who?"

Herman "Some crime boss named Purple Guy... something like that... oh Purple Man... that's what it was... his offer was impossible to pass up, to be honest..."

Dr. Mason "I got to go Herman... I have a project to work on... I hope you take down that spider freak..."

Herman "Good luck on your project Phin..."

Herman begins to walk out of the secluded alleyway but whispers something under his breath.

Herman "I'm coming spiderman..."

... Aunt May's house, queens...

Peter Parker "May?"

Aunt May "Huh?"

Peter "Did you hear me?"

Aunt May "Oh I'm sorry dear... what did you say?"

Peter "I asked where you wanted to go on your birthday?"

Aunt May "You know I don't care, Peter... As long I'm with you and Be... with you..."

Peter sits there in silence after May mentions Uncle Ben.

*RING RING*

Aunt May "Sorry Peter... it's work I have to take this..."

Peter "Alright..."

Aunt May "Hello?.. Uh sure... alright I'll be right there..."

Aunt May hangs up her phone and begins to smile.

Aunt May "Peter I have to go to work... they are promoting me to run the new recovery charity the hospital is starting..."

Peter "May that be great... I'm so happy for you!"

May quickly grabs her purse and runs out the door, Peter hears her car start and she speeds off.

Peter picks up his phone, he clicks it a few times and he texts Felicia.

"Hey! Do you want to meet up later?"

Peter then grabs his backpack and leaves the house.

...later that day in Manhatten...

Peter sits on the edge of a building eating a homemade Ham sandwich.

??? "Weird to find you here..."

Peter rapidly pulls his cowl over his face and jumps up toward the mysterious person.

Spider-Man "cmon man... my back is still stiff after being thrown from Oscorp... I don't want to fight..."

Shocker "Well... because I'm an alright person..."

Spider-Man "You killed a man..."

Shocker "Don't interrupt me... because I'm an alright person... I won't kick your ass... but I do have some info for you... but it will come at a cost..."

Spider-Man "What's the catch?"

Shocker "Stay off my back... forever..."

Spider-Man "Ugh... fine... now what is the info..."

Shocker "A while ago you asked me a name... on who I worked for... at the time I told you I couldn't tell... but now I'm working under another..."

Spider-Man "Who made you go after Dr. Conners?"

Shocker "Norman Osborn..."

Spider-Man "WHAT?"

Shocker "His son is dying... Norman thought Conners could help regenerate his healthy cells..."

Spider-Man "Jesus..."

Shocker "also... rumors I heard on the streets... Osborn has the lizard formula..."

Spider-Man "Oh no... he's gonna use it on Harry... thanks for the info Sparky!"

*Twip*

Shocker "NOT MY FUCKING NAME SPIDER!!!!"

... Oscorp Tower, manhattan...

Harry Osborn lays in a bed, his death bed, Norman by his side.

Norman Osborn "I can't let you sue Harry... I can't lose you the way I lost your mother... I love you too much to let you go..."

Norman pulls a green vile out of his pocket, inserts it into a syringe, and places it next to Harry's arm.

*TWIP*

Peter fires a web at the syringe and causes it to be dropped on the ground, the green serum splatters on the burgundy wood below Norman.

Norman "NOO! Why would you do that... you just killed my son..."

Spider-Man "No Mr. Osborn... I saved him..."

*Twip*

Peter then swings out of the skylight.
Suddenly Harry's heart rate monitor begins to spike.

Norman "No...No... NO... NO PLEASE.. HARRY..."

The machine goes silent... Harry Osborn is dead...

Norman "I swear to you, Harry... I will avenge you... that Spider-Man will pay for what he did to you..."

Peter swings away from Oscorp tower as he hears the screams of Norman Osborn.
Peter begins to tear up but stops shortly after.

Spider-Man "Everything will be ok Peter..."

Peter swings in the streets of Manhattan, the marvelous sight of the skyline, and the mass amounts of pedestrians on the ground in awe, he is their protector, he is the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.