Chapter 6

Third Person
Taylor and TJ sat next to each other in silence as a shocking revelation had just been made. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I didn't know how to tell you." TJ sat back against the couch and rubbed his head. "I'm sorry, baby."

"It's not your fault. These things happen."

"I know, but..." TJ pulled his wife into him and hugged her.

"Not buts....we'll get through this." Taylor started crying again. "I know, baby. I know."

"It's just so hard. I try so much to be a good wife and I just can't seem to. I can't cook right or clean right or carry a baby right."

"Sweetie, that's not important. You're my wife and I love you. Just you, not what you can do for me. You can learn to cook and clean but you are unique and special. No one can learn that, it's something you're born with and I love it about you." Taylor looked at TJ and smiled.

"I love you too, Tristan." He leaned in to kiss her but the doorbell stopped them. "I'll get it." Taylor got up and went to the door. When she opened it, her mood immediately dropped again. "Hi, mom."

"Sweetheart, we have got to talk." Her mother walked into the house and went straight to the kitchen.

"About what, mom?"

"About you messing up."

"At what?"

"At this. I mean look at this kitchen."

"What's wrong with it? It's clean."

"It's five in the evening, there's nothing cooking.
Nothing in the oven, nothing in the stove. This man is going to leave you if you don't get it together." Taylor sighed.

"Mom, this isn't the time. Tristan and I are dealing with..."

"And look at this fridge. Have you even been grocery shopping? What is this man going to eat?"

"We went out and..."

"Went out? Taylor." She closed the fridge. "You really need to get it together. All of your sisters are much better at this than you are. If you weren't so busy on this doctor thing, your husband would be better taken care of."

"Mom, can you please...."

"Maybe I should help you with some of this." TJ came into the kitchen.

"Honey?"

"Hey, Tristan. My mother just stopped by."

"Oh, hello Mrs. Abernathy. How are you doing?"

"Not so well, considering how my daughter's been."

"You told her about the baby?"

"What baby?" asked Mrs. Abernathy.

"Our baby."

"You're pregnant?" Taylor's mother smiled.

"Well..."

"Finally a reason for your slacking. You're finally doing something right. Not even you could mess that up." Taylor immediately felt tears come back to her eyes. TJ quickly went over to her.

"It's okay, baby." He hugged her.

"What's going on? This is a happy moment."

"No it's not, mom. I had a miscarriage."

"Oh." She looked at TJ. "Well what went wrong?" She looked at Taylor. "What did you do?" Taylor instantly got upset.

"What did I do? What did I do?! Are you serious?" Taylor stormed off.

"What's the problem?"

Janet
I pulled up to TJ and Taylor's house with Bianca. When we pulled into the driveway, we immediately jumped out. "The woman better not be here. I'll kill her." We walked into the house. "Taylor!"

"Tay Tay!"

"Janet, what are you doing here?" I looked at Taylor's mom.

"Vanessa." I lightly chuckled and shook my head. "Taylor called me."

"Why would she call you?"

"Because I care about her."

"I care about her too."

"Then why did she call me?"

"I don't know, maybe because she's so sensitive and...."

"No, don't you dare talk about her like that. You don't understand her. You won't even talk to her." I headed towards the stairs.

"Of course I do, she's my daughter." I turned around.

"NO, SHE'S NOT!" She froze. "She's not your daughter.........She's mine."

"Mama J." I turned and saw Taylor.

"Taylor, sweetheart. Talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I lost the baby." She started crying. I ran to her and hugged her.

"Oh, honey. It's okay. It's okay." She cried harder.
"Look at me. Look at me." I held her face. "It's not your fault. It's okay. We'll talk more about it. Why don't you guys come home with us, hmm." She nodded.

"Okay."

"Good. You and TJ get some stuff together." She went into her room.

"So you're just going to steal my daughter?" I chuckled and went down to her.

"I didn't steal your daughter. You never had her to begin with. I saved her from you."

"What did you have to save her for?"

"You destroyed that girl. You made her think that being beautiful was more important than her dreams. You wouldn't even listen to her dreams. I am sick and tired of hearing about you and everything you've done wrong to her. Someone had to be there for her." She chuckled.

"And you're a better mother than me?"

"She called me for help while you were still in the house. That should tell you something."

"Mama J, let's just go. She ain't listening." said Bianca.

"You're right. Why don't you stay in here until TJ and Taylor are to go, I'll be in the car." Bianca ran upstairs and I headed to help Taylor as I went to the door.
Vanessa came behind me and snatched my arm.

"Who do you think you are?"

"A mother......... Who are you?" We stared at each other. "Exactly."

————————————————————————————

So many different things going on......I smell a long book.

Thoughts??

Follow Me!!!