Chapter 5

Vic's P.O.V

Korn spilled from Kellin's car stereo, filling the car and our ears. His father bought him a new car. I'd assume to hope he'd forget what he did. Kellin happily accepted it, and went on to take me out for lunch. Currently, we're on our way to the local toy store.

We turned left at the red light, and pulled into the parking lot. He parked in the first spot he saw, which thankfully, wasn't too far away.

Kellin jumped out like a small child would. He ran to my side of the car and pulled me towards the door.

"I haven't been in here in forever." He said, slowing down only slightly.

Some part of me felt bad that he hasn't. I come here like three times a month. Partially to buy video games, but mainly because I'm a six year old trapped in a seventeen year old's body.

We entered and was instantly greeted by a jock looking guy. Kellin chirped a reply and weaved his way through the first few isles,  which were placed at a different direction than all the others. I guess it's some sort of a maze. Those that pass are worthy of shopping in the toy store.

Once we had found the main part of the store, he released me and began walking at a normal pace.

Everything was so colorful and loud. Small little advertising stations were set up in plastic child-proof boxes. Toys turned and lit up, playing a tune that you'd catch yourself singing in your sleep.

"Oh! I know where we should go!" Kellin piped up with a smile on his face. If I knew a toy store would make him so happy, I'd bring him every week just to see that smile of his.

We walked past the girl section. It was full of multiple colors, especially neon. He eventually turned down the third isle in the boy section. The first thing I saw was Mario and Minecraft plush toys. Kellin lifted a quite large stuffed Pikachu.

"This right here. I want this." He said. His eyes held a light I haven't seen the past week. It caused a swarm of emotions to rise in my stomach.

I did a slow circle, taking in my surroundings. There was a box of the Mario plush question blocks. They were about the size of a basketball. I picked one up and held it behind my back. I turned, looking for Kellin. He was sitting on the floor with his large Pikachu, and a lot of tiny ones in his lap. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

He looked up at me, and I threw the small toy at him. It made the noise they do on the video games and I nearly choked on my laughter.

"Just remember that you started it." He smirked at me.

He threw a tiny Pikachu at me with a wicked grin on his face. I grabbed an arm full of the Mario blocks and began throwing them at him. He pushed himself up from the ground and ran around to the next isle.

"You can run, but you can't hide!" I shouted, chasing after him.

The second I rounded the corner, a stuffed Minion was thrown at my face. I was taken aback by the shock. It's not often I turn corners and things are thrown at my face.

He ducked under a shelf with a giggle. It's obvious he thinks I didn't see him. I tip toed towards the boxes he hid behind. Kellin boy, you're terrible at hiding. The tip of his Tom stuck out, only barely visible. But visible, nonetheless.

I slowly knelt down to the bottom shelf. Trying not to make a sound until absolutely necessary. I grabbed his foot and pulled him out from the shelf within a split second. He let out a shriek and giggled loudly.

Once I had him in full sight, he kicked away and tried to run. I grabbed his small frame and pulled him back down towards the ground.

"Vic!" He shouted.

I laughed and pinned his hands to the ground beside his head. We were both breathing heavily, adrenaline coursing through our veins. Well, mine at least.

A large smile was stretched across his lips. The pair I had dreamt about for so long, though I'd never admit it. These feelings will be the death of me.

"You look like you're contemplating something." He said, smirking slightly.

The comment took me by surprise. "What now?"

His hands slid down in my own, as he sat up on his elbow. His face was mere centimetres from mine.

"The way you bite your lip, that look in your eye. You want something." He sounded so sure of himself.

Is he really that observant? Or am I just that readable? Impossible.

He laced his fingers with mine and leaned up some. My breathing hitched as I felt his own against my lips. An urge came over me, and I almost closed the gap. Only I didn't. Thanks to the custodian.

"We're closing. I'm sure there's more appropriate places for that." He spoke, sounding irritated.

A blush found its way to my cheeks. Kellin was initiating a kiss. Dear God, we were so close. I couldn't help the butterflies that erupted in my stomach.

I've had a crush on this boy for ages, and we almost kissed. Or is it just my imagination? It has to be. Who would want a guy like me?

--------------------
Same sex marriage legalized ayee