Chapter 20

I don't exactly exactly think I clarified the last chapter. Kellin didn't literally watch Vic hurt himself. He came up when Vic had put it down and was contemplating things. Right at the beginning.
I apologize for making Kellin seem like a heartless prick.
----

Oldies music played from the speakers of Kellin's car. The windows were only cracked due to the rain pouring from the sky. The sound was a but muffled, but still very there. Like I am. I'm alive and breathing, and I'm glad. My existence may be muffled, but I'm still here.

Kellin's rain-drenched figure clung to mine as we swayed back and forth to the rhythm. My hair stuck to my face, but I couldn't bring myself to care. As long as Kellin is the one holding on to me as we dance in the rain, nothing really matters.

Steelheart's I'll Never Let You Go came on, and a grin immediately stretched across my face. This is a good song and it holds a ton of meaning. The dude can sing like a mother fucker.

I pushed his hair from his eyes, tucking it behind his ears. His bright and wide blue eyes gazed into my own. My stomach fluttered in the way it always does, especially when I'm around Kellin. Something about him makes me weak.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" I asked, lifting the hem of his soaked shirt a bit so I could rub circles into the chilled flesh of his hips.

"I look like a wet dog." He chuckled and leaned into my chest. His head rested on my shoulder.

"You could be old and covered in grey hair and I'd still tell you how beautiful you are, and mean every word."

His cheeks went red as he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around his figure.

I don't lie. He's nothing less of beautiful. What I want to know, is how I never realized my feelings till here recently. Maybe because the feeling was foreign. I had always thought it was a friendly feeling. That is, until I was old enough to call the shots on what I was feeling. Mostly because I didn't really understand what it even was. That's the thing about growing up: shit's confusing.

"Remember back at church camp we got in trouble for playing in the rain?" Kellin said, not lifting his head, but laughing lightly.

The memory brought a warm feeling to my stomach. I remember a lot of times Kellin and I got in trouble together. I just don't remember a lot of times Kellin and I weren't together.

"We had to stay in medical a few days after because we got sick."

We laughed about that for the rest of the week. Our counselors didn't really like us, and I can't say I blame him. We were definitely a ball of hell. A troublesome duo. Inseparable from the first time we met, and still are. I can't physically imagine a world without him. I don't really want to.

"I remember." I said, returning his laugh.

"Don't you wish we could go back? To when everything was so much more simpler. The world wasn't so bad." His voice trailed off, and I knew exactly what he meant by that.

We've been through a patch of absolute shit here recently. If Kellin wasn't here with me though, I'm not sure I'd be standing here now. I didn't want to think things could get better. Everything isn't one hundred percent okay now, but it's a hell of a lot better. All thanks to Kellin.

I pulled him closer to me by his belt loops. "Kells, look at me." I know how much he blames himself.

He leaned up, once again, staring at me with his deep blue orbs. A pair I could get lost in. One I'd hopefully be reciting my vows to some time in the future.

I traced his bottom lip with my thumb. His eyes fluttered shut. I leaned forward, hovering in front of his own lips. A smirk tugged at the edges of my mouth. I just really like teasing him.

He chuckled before pressing his soft and smooth lips to my own. As always, he has a fruity taste to him. No pun intended. I actually like it.

Warmth spread throughout me, despite standing in the rain that'd no doubt leave at least one of us sick. His shaking fingers tangled in my wet stringy hair. I gripped his hips and pulled him even closer, if possible. His tongue slid across my bottom lip requesting entrance. I more than happily obliged. I bit his lip, earning a whine of desperation.

I feel like that couple off the love movie all those girls gush over. The rain causing our hair to stick to our faces, our shirts clinging to our frame showing off every contour and curve, and may I add, this boy is one sexy piece of adorableness. He's molding to me, twisting my shirt in the fingers of his free hand. The one that wasn't tangled in my hair.

I pulled away before things got too awfully heated. Mama and Papa were gone on a short trip down south. South of the state, that is. Mike is the only one here and I'd prefer he not see me all hot and bothered at the hands of Kellin Quinn. That's for times of night that he, along with the rest of our neighbors, will be asleep. I'm just praying Kellin knows how to be quiet, not saying I wouldn't want to hear him scream.

He groaned in frustration, pushing me playfully.

"You're a fucking tease, you know that?" He tried to sound all serious, but the smile on his face let me know he was anything but.

I let my hands drop lower on his waist, and for good measure, I squeezed his ass. He gasped in surprise as his cheeks grew red. Not the cheeks I'd prefer, and not in the right way. Bloody hell, Vic. Keep it up and you're not going to be able to hold back much longer. It's hard enough already to resist him.

"I hope you know it's just as hard for me to resist you and all your sexiness." I said, only half joking.

He turned on his heels, throwing a smirk my way before walking up the steps to the house.

I grabbed the keys, rolling the windows up completely so the insides wouldn't be soaked. I trailed after him, craving the warmth of the house and soon the warmth of Kellin snuggled into my side on his bunk.

"Who said I wanted you to?"

I nearly stopped in my tracks. I faltered, unlike the words that fell from his lips, that's for damn sure.

----

I legit had this as a dream.
A fucking Kellic dream guys.

Plus, I won't be here for about a week or two.. This will be my last update for two weeks max.
-S