Chapter 7

"Why are you so adorable?" Vic laughed at me.

I set the brush down, and looked at him in mock hurt. "How dare you? I'm metal as fuck."

"Kells, you're about as metal as my cat." Vic was smiling brightly. I'm glad too, because he's been down in the dumps lately.

"Your cat died of pneumonia." I pointed out.

"My cat got hit by a car." He retorted.

It may have been. There's too many cats in this world. They're satanic creatures that need to be eradicated.

"Anyways, it doesn't matter. Hurry up and get ready. We're gonna be late." He rushed me along, placing the brush in my hand.

"I hate secrets." I mumbled.

"It's not a secret. It's a surprise." He shouted from the other room.

I laughed to myself. Our relationship hasn't changed at all. In the good way, but the bad way as well. It has been about two days since we kissed, and it hasn't been mentioned in the slightest. I can't decide wether it's a good or bad thing.

Vic brought me a plastic bag and told me to put them on. He's being very precise.

Ripping it open, I found a rainbow colored shirt and a pink pair of skinny jeans. A smile slowly stretched across my face. The only thought that could surface was the strange fact that I'll look like the gay flag.

When I was fully dressed, I exited the bathroom to find Vic wearing the same shirt and tight red skinny jeans that fit him in all the right places.

"Wow," The words toppled from my lips before I could catch them.

He turned around, smiling in accomplishment at his choice of clothing.

"Great! Now C'mon. We're gonna be late." He said for the fifth time, practically dragging me down the stairs.

In no time, we were speeding off towards town. We live right on the outskirts. Though it doesn't take long to reach the center, seeing as it's relatively small.

The whole way through, there were rainbow banners and flags sticking up from the ground. A few same-sex couples were walking around holding hands. The sight was enough to make me grin uncontrollably, yet question: what the hell is going on?

"Vic," I started, having to tear my eyes away from the window. "What's today?"

He smiled larger than he already was. "You haven't checked you phone yet, have you?"

I fished my phone out and unlocked it, seeing I had several notifications.

One was from my friend Jenna. She had posted a picture of the gay rights symbol and tagged me in it saying, "The homophobes have evacuated."

Scrolling down, I was greeted by several rainbow Facebook profile pictures and few people quoting the bible on how same sex marriage is wrong.

He parked on the side of the road, scaring me shitless seeing as I was so absorbed in what people on social media had to say.

Music flowed throughout from speakers hidden by whatever.

"What the hell?" I mumbled under my breath.

Balloons were spread everywhere. The ground was littered with multicolored confetti. He took my hand firmly in his. It wasn't just an act of friendship. His fingers intertwined with mine, and he gave a light squeeze. My heart skipped a beat.

"Equality, Kells." He had that adorable smile etched onto his face.

A few people ran by us with all sorts of noise-making toys. Happiness radiated throughout the town.

I busted out laughing. I just couldn't help it.

Vic pulled me close to him and placed his hands on my hips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and swayed to the music.

"In case you haven't figured it out yet, they legalized same sex marriage in all fifty states." He spoke in my ear, glancing around at the couples mimicking our stance.

He's kidding. The world would burst into flames. I'm surprised you can't hear the synchronized crying of homophobes across the states.

"I brought you here for two reasons. One, to see this. Two," He cupped my face in his hands and pressed our lips together.

Just like the first time, a jolt of electricity flew through my veins. Every type of butterfly was released and was wrecking havoc on my stomach. Everything seemed right in this moment. Vic's lips moving smoothly against my own and a few people cheering.

He pulled away and rubbed his thumb across my cheek. "I want you to be my boyfriend." He said, though it sounded more of a question.

I giggled and nodded, pulling him in for another kiss.

I contemplated the thought of telling my mother. She doesn't know I'm gay, and I've never really brought it up. I couldn't begin to know how she feels about it. But courage filled me. I'll go tell them tomorrow.

--------------------

For all my foreign readers, lets celebrate because America is finally straightening out.

  Well, technically, gaying out B)
I'm sorry that was lame.