Chapter 21

Kellin's P.O.V

Waking up in a bed with Vic has to be on the top of my list of favorite things. His arms are wrapped around my shoulders protectively with his front pressed closely to my back. His breath tickled the back of my neck in all the right ways possible.

A content sigh passed my lips as my eyes fluttered shut once again.

Seeing Vic happy is enough to make me happy. I literally died inside when I found him hurting himself again. Something like that makes me think.

How can someone so beautiful be capable of hurting themselves in any way? Can he not see just how wonderfully flawed he is? Everything he does, whether it be done right or wrong, is all beautiful in its own way. I can't stress it enough as to how much he means to me.

His legs shifted, locking with mine. I played with the fingers on his limply hanging hand. His hands were soft yet rough all at the same time. I tangled our fingers together. My own fit the spaces between his perfectly. It felt like a puzzle in every sense of the word.

I pressed a kiss to the top of his hand, pulling his arm tighter around me.

--

When I woke up once again, my face was pressed to his bare chest. His hand ran through my hair. The one that wasn't slipped in the back hem of my boxers lazily.

That's the thing about Vic; he's not sexual unless you make it. No situation is perverted, therefore I'm never uncomfortable with him. His hand, although tucked between the elastic and my flesh, was simply resting. I felt nothing but adoration within this moment.

I shifted a bit, tilting my head so I could place a kiss to his jaw. I felt the flesh tense, assuming a grin had formed itself on his lips.

He took his hand from my boxers, and slid his fingers lightly up and down my spine. Quiet rang in my ears, but it wasn't bad. I like it. Both of us are thinking, and neither knows about what. Some part of that is a bit scary, seeing Vic's history. Though I'd hope he'd tell me.

Content. That's what I am right now. Simply existing here with Vic is enough to make me content. My heart fluttered as he pressed his lips to the top of my head.

"I like this." He said, bringing us from the silence.

I nodded. "Agreed."

He leaned up, pulling me with him. I spread my legs, sitting with either knee on each side of his waist. His fingers were still underneath shirt. They barely grazed my skin, enough to leave goosebumps in their wake.

"You're so beautiful." He trailed his fingers from my collar bone, down my chest, and slowly across my thighs squeezing them playfully. His eyes never left my body. He has been so touchy lately. I love it though.

"You say that a lot." I chuckled.

He pecked my nose and grinned. "Only so you never forget it."

I pulled his arm towards me and lightly traced the fading scars. Some are still a bit fresh. Nothing new. The discolored flesh made me kind of sad, but happy that he's stopped. I refuse to let his scars mean anything but recovery.

"You're beautiful too." I said.

He frowned only momentarily before it was soon replaced by a smile. Though his eyes were distant. The boy could hide an ocean beneath his skin and never spill a drop if he tried. Sometimes that's a good thing. It only becomes bad when there's something wrong and he won't tell me.

I removed my hands from where they were originally placed on his wrists, and cupped his face in my hands. I gazed into his deep chocolatey orbs that held so much more than he'd ever tell anyone.

"Love, you're beautiful. You're smart. You're strong. You're caring. There's a thousand words I'd like to say but they'd never come out right." I said, chuckling more so to myself.

A smile stretched across his face and that usual sparkle returned to his eyes. His eyes squinted a bit and his teeth showed ever so slightly. He averted his attention elsewhere in embarrassment.

My stomach fluttered almost painfully. His smile was contagious. I caught myself chuckling quietly.

"I think I'm falling for you." I whispered, taking in the softened features of his face.

He looked back up at me. "What?"

"Nothing." He frowned, but slid out from under me and pulled me up.

I didn't want to let go of his hand. I wanted to lie in bed all day and cuddle and maybe tell him how fucking perfect he is. Because God knows my mind won't let up on reminding me.

"Are we ever going to change these covers from twelve years ago?" I asked, laughing at the blue SpongeBob sheets. I had picked them out from Mike's stack of covers when I first started staying. Well, when Papa Fuentes turned Vic's single bed into bunk beds.

"Hey, SpongeBob is the shit." He chuckled.

"Mhm, sure." I responded with a smile plastered to my face. "Let's go get breakfast or something."

---
How'd you guys feel about smut some time in the future? Drop a comment letting me know. c:

(Sorry for the short shit lately but idk I'm feeling the cuteness are you feeling it?)

Ps I REALLY FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO RESPONSIVE AND COMMENTING AND LIKING AND GAH LEMME KISS YOU not really I don't need another restraining order