four

taehyung
JUNGKOOOKKKK WYAAAAA

jungkook
im getting some fruit for tonight's shift
might spice it up tonight and get cucumbers too

taehyung
get me some chips

jungkook
those are bad for the heart

taehyung
ur lame

jungkook
i'll get u some smhh

taehyung
ANYWAY ur boyfriend looks sad

jungkook
my bf??
huh

taehyung
guy from neuro
his eyes are puffy

jungkook
oh
i hope he's alright

taehyung
you should ask

jungkook
NO DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE TIME I ASKED IF HE HAD SEEN HIS DAUGHTER THE PREVIOUS WEEKENDD AND HE SAID NO ANS I ASKED WHY AND HE RAN AWAY CRYING
THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING

taehyung
i'd get a job at a different hospital

jungkook
IKKK ATP

"freaking apples" taehyung sighed and took a bite after jungkook had washed the fruit, "they're yummy" he smiled, the other cardiologist glared at him and sighed, "you take your career a little too seriously" taehyung joked, "i take heart health very seriously, thank you very much"

jungkook ate an apple as he scrolled through the file of a patient, "for patient in room four, have you checked for deep vein thrombosis?" he asked, taehyung shook his head and set his apple down and wiped his hands with some paper towels, "i'll do that right now" he said and left.

whilst taehyung did that, jungkook decided to go up to neurology and find namjoon to give him some candy he had bought. he took the elevator and carefully knocked on namjoon's door.

the tall boy opened and was met with jungkook's smiling face and a plastic bag from the store. the slightly younger one saw how puffy namjoon's eyes looked and at his blotchy cheeks.

"are you okay?" he carefully asked as he closed the door behind them, "yeah, thank you" he softly said as he took the bag from jungkook's hand and set it on his desk.

they stood in silence for a bit, "do you have allergies?" jungkook asked him, "sure, let's say that" namjoon half-smiled, but felt his eyes fill with tears.

jungkook frowned, "okay hyung— i mean, doctor" he turned red which made namjoon chuckle a but despite his sadness, "don't worry, go work" he sighed and pat his back.

"you're right, he seems sad" jungkook said as he typed notes with taehyung for a case, "i'm telling you! he should just go home" the man sighed and ruffled his own hair.

"that's mean" jungkook frowned. however, it was the truth. all namjoon could do was cry and sleep as he thought about his baby girl and his career.

what if he couldn't prove his innocence?

"so, doctor kim, you know what claims are being made against you?" his attorney asked, the tall boy nodded, "i haven't done anything! i-i p-pinky promise!" he broke down in tears again, sobbing into his hands.

ths woman frowned, "do you have any friends or family that can attest your parenting abilities?" she asked, namjoon wiped his tears. he didn't have any friends. he had spent the past 10 years so focus on studying and his daughter that he hadn't made time to worry about his social life.

"n-not r-really" he croaked, "you don't happen to be married, right? being married would help your case a lot" she spoke, "i don't even have friends, why would i have a spouse?"