thirteen

"are you excited for me to come to your school?" namjoon smiled as he made pancakes for breakfast, "yeah" yuna said as she looked around the kitchen, "why isn't jungkook here?"

"honestly, no clue. i heard him leave very early, but he didn't tell me where he went" he spoke, earning a nod from yuna.

namjoon bit the inside of his mouth as he watched her eat, "so, is there anything fun going on at school?" he asked, "no"

he nodded and returned to the kitchen to get a glass of water for himself. why didn't his daughter want to talk to him? was he not interesting enough?

"hi, everyone! i am doctor kim namjoon and i am a pediatric neurologist" he smiled, feeling nervous seeing so many little kids in front of him.

"basically, i help kids who have troubles with their brain and diseases caused by it" he smiled again, earning blank faces from the kids, "any questions so far?"

a kid raised his hand, "are you rich?" he asked, namjoon was taken back a bit, "i make about half a million dollars a year, so i would consider that to be a good amount of money" he said, another kid raised his hand.

"do you like your job?" he asked, "i absolutely love my job. i get to help people everyday and i really like that" namjoon answered.

'maybe they should've brought in nail techs and eyelash techs' namjoon thought after seeing how bored the kids looked.

"my appa is really smart" yuna decided to speak up, "he went to school a very long time. i saw him graduate" she said, namjoon didn't even know that yuna remembered that, but he felt his heart fill with joy.

"thank you, yuna. i also save a lot of lives and work with a lot of doctors. also, there are so many types of specialties to be a doctor. you can help people with their hearts, stomachs, bones, pretty much every part of the body. there's also so much law involved in medicine that you can go into medical law if you want to be lawyer but also go into the medical field. there is so much to do" he spoke, earning hums from the kids.

"hi, hyung" jungkook softly said, sitting on the ground next to his brother's grave, "how are you?" he asked, placing some flowers near the tombstone.

"it's been a couple of years now. anyway, i hope you're looking after me and eomma and appa" he said, his voice finally breaking.

"you know.. i'm married now" he sniffled, "his name is kim namjoon, he's a pediatric neurologist and he has a daughter who i guess is my stepdaughter. we're only legally married, but hopefully we'll have a real wedding soon" he smiled through tears, "oh gosh, i miss you so much" he sobbed, pulling his knees to his chest.

"i'm supposed to go back to work, but i think i'll just call in" he managed to cough out as he thought of what to say, "do you want to know more about namjoon?" he croaked, laying on the grass next to him.

"well, we've only been dating a couple of months because we kind of only got legally married so he could get custody of his daughter. his ex wife is crazy in all honesty" he mumbled, "she's weird.. she did so many bad things to yuna"

"i'm still a pediatric cardiologist" jungkook spoke and sighed before bursting into tears again.

"taehyung, do you know where jungkook is?" the neurologist asked, "you're his husband.. shouldn't you know?" the man chuckled, "as a husband, i respect and trust his whereabouts, but i'm worried since he's supposed to be at work"

the cardiologist hummed, turning on his phone and his eyes widening, "namjoon, i'm going to tell you something, but i don't know if i'm even allowed to" he sighed, the man tilted his head.