ten

jungkook sighed as he debated on whether or not to text namjoon.

he thought about what taehyung had said and there was really no downside to the marriage.

there wasn't anything to lose from. there were only benefits, and if it helped namjoon get custody of yuna, he'd do it.

jungkook
hi namjoon
i decided we can get married :]
thank you for letting me think about it

namjoon
oh wow
thank you so much
🥲🥲🫶🫶
i really appreciate it
i'll find a way to issue us a marriage license and then we'll go to the courthouse
i'll try to do it today

jungkook
okayyy
does this mean we don't get to have a ceremony and stuff?? 😕😕

namjoon
we can
preferably once i figure everything out with yuna

jungkook
makes sense
love you

namjoon
love you too

jungkook
look at us newly weds!!!!

namjoon
cutie

"so you're like.. married now?" taehyung asked jungkook, "i guess so" he shrugged and stared at the ring on his finger.

"nice" taehyung said, doing his best to be happy for his best friend even though he had spent the whole weekend crying about jimin.

jungkook nodded, feeling confused on what it should feel like to get married. it felt a little.. anticlimactic? is this what it's supposed to feel like?

"we're.. married" jungkook mumbled as they walked out of the courthouse with their marriage certificate in hand,.

namjoon smiled, pressing a small kiss on his now husband's cheek and wrapping an arm around his waist, "this is so cool" jungkook chuckled, snuggling into namjoon's shoulder blade.

"what should we do as our first day as husbands?" he asked, the younger one hummed and looked around, "we can celebrate by getting some ice cream? i really like banana splits"

"anything my husband wants" namjoon reassured as he opened the car door.

"we can ask each other questions while we eat" jungkook offered as namjoon scooped up some of the banana with chocolate ice cream. namjoon nodded at the idea, "you start"

the boy hummed, "why'd you name yuna yuna?" he chuckled, "there was actress i really liked in my early teenage years named yuna" he shrugged, "really? that's the explanation? was seolhyun not mad?"

namjoon bit the inside of his mouth, "she left it up to me to name her. i didn't really know what else to name her. i read so many books in hopes of finding a meaningful name, but yuna it was" he chuckled, jungkook smiled hearing that.

"your turn" the younger one said, "if you hadn't been a pediatric cardiologist, what career would you have gone into?" he asked, "probably child psychologist or social worker"

"why those?" namjoon asked, "they're important jobs" jungkook answered, "that's true"

namjoon ate a bit more as jungkook thought of a question, "what's your favorite memory? besides marrying me of course" he teased, making ghe man chuckle.

"you're going to think i'm so lame because i ralj so much about yuna, but becoming a parent really changed me. i guess my favorite memory is her saying appa" he smiled, "i remember she was in her high chair and i was taking notes from a textbook when she said it"