nine

"this is a pretty ring. thank you" namjoon smiled a bit as he put it into his pocket, "no problem, young man. have a good day"

namjoon nodded, "you too" he said before leaving the shop. he finally had the ring and suddenly everything felt more and more real. he would be marrying jeon jungkook after 2 months of knowing him.

well, he didn't know how to propose, but he would find a way. maybe something nature related since they rarely found the time to go outside as doctors.

"taehyung, do you have consultations today?" jimin asked as he swung by cardiology, "no, why?" he asked, a sort of bland look at his face.

he couldn't help it. he felt something break in his chest every time he interacted with jimin.

"can you take care of my son?" he asked, "uh, sure" he smiled a bit, waving at the child that hugged jimin's leg, "appa, no" he frowned, "i think you'll get along" he smiled at the boy and rubbed his back, "what's your name, little one?" taehyung asked and kneeled to the boy's eye level.

"j-juwon" he quietly said, "wow! that's so cool! let's go color, okay?" he smiled, "jimin, where are you going?" taehyung asked out of curiosity, "to an appointment. i'll be back in like an hour?"

taehyung nodded and took juwon to play while jimin left. he took him into his office, that he barely used since he spent most of his time in the emergency department.

"so.. what's your eomma like?"

"i don't have one" juwon mumbled as he colored with some markers taehyung had in his backpack, "oh? do you have two appas?" he asked, "um, no. i just have appa"

taehyung raised a brow. had he spent his days rotting in bed for nothing?

"appa doesn't have a girlfriend or boyfriend because he's scared" juwon's nosy self said as taehyung typed on his computer, "how do you know that?"

"the therapy guy said" juwon spoke. was taehyung a bad person if he asked juwon more questions?

"therapy?"

"mhm"

therapy for what? he wanted to ask, but doubted that the little boy knew.

"that's cool"

juwon shrugged. "taehyung, do you have more markers?" he asked, "i have a whole bag. i love markers" the doctor smiled, "may i please use them?"

he nodded and brought the bag out from the cabinet for the boy to use.

taehyung
i'm babysitting his son
and the son says he doesnt have another parent
THEN WHERE DID HE COME FROM??!!

jungkook
maybe he's divorced like namjoon

taehyung
jimin is 24

jungkook
namjoon told me his son goes to the same grade as his daughter and his daughter is 8
then that'd mean that he had his son at 16??

taehyung
SIXTEEN??!!
maybe namjoon didn't do the math right

jungkook
i trust namjoon
maybe jimin is older??

taehyung
no he's not

jungkook
well then

"you look exhausted" namjoon mumbled, seeing how out of breath the younger one looked, "a school bus crashed and the emergency department is doing triage. there's only 3 cardiologists and 26 kids with tachycardia and 2 with an arrhythmia" he mumbled as he leaned against the doorway, "get ready because the currently stable kids are being sent for neuro exams" he said, namjoon hummed, "thank you for letting me know. rest well, okay?"