eleven

namjoon had gained custody of his daughter, but yuna didn't seem like she cared. she kept a plain expression in the car and at home, jungkook only watched with a frown.

"i don't like princesses anymore" yuna mumbled as her father and stepdad followed her into her room, "oh. then, what should we do?" namjoon gently asked as he looked at all the money he had invested into her doll obsession.

"i like teddy bears" she spoke, "okay, we can do that. why don't you like dolls anymore?" namjoon asked, making the girl begin screaming and cry.

she shook her head repeatedly, jumping into her bed and putting the blanket over her head. the two boys watched with a frown.

they weren't too sure what the men had done with yuna, but it was clear that she was severely affected by it and had affected how she viewed things in her life.

"yuna.. i'm not going to hurt you and neither will jungkook, okay?" he tried to approach her while his husband bit his lip, "get out! both of you!"

the couple did as so, not wanting to make her more upset. namjoon felt the guilt on his shoulders and chest, jungkook pulled him into a hug.

"it wasn't your fault"

namjoon sniffled, quietly crying into jungkook's shoulder.

"i'm usually against cookies" jungkook said as he took them out the oven whilst namjoon searched on his computer for new things for yuna's room with puffy eyes.

"you're against anything that isn't a fruit or vegetable" namjoon mumbled, "you lie too much. anyway, come a try the cookies" he smiled, earning a nod from the man who shut his computer.

namjoon took a small bite because of how hot they were, "these are delicious" he smiled, pulling jungkook into a hug.

they had gotten a bit touchy over the last several days. it just seemed like they couldn't keep their hands off each other.

jungkook was the only person who seemed like he could release namjoon's worried for even just a second.

"do you think yuna would like them?" he asked, namjoon nodded, placing a couple of the cookies on a paper plate for the girl before going to her room.

he blinked upon opening the door and seeing his daughter sitting with her knees to her chest whilst she faced the corner. she had so many toys.. and chose to stare at the wall?

"knock knock, it's appa" he calmly said to not startle the girl.

she began crying and shaking her head, "go away! i told you already! are you like the men too?" she sobbed.

kim namjoon felt his heart sink to his feet and the paper plate with cookies began shaking, "i am not" he choked out, "i am your father.. and i am allowed to be in the room to check on you" he tried justifying, "check on me doing what? i don't think so!" she shouted.

"i need go check how you're doing.. like your homework and if you've eaten"

"i can take care of that! i don't need you!"

namjoon blinked, "yuna, you are eight years old. you need me for some things" he spoke, "i brought you cookies. do you want some or not?"

"no"

he tried not to sigh, "okay. what do you want to eat?" namjoon asked, "nothing"

the man tried to contain his emotions as he stared at his daughter that had changed so much within months.

"we could reach out to a child therapist at our hospital" jungkook softly spoke as tears flowed down namjoon's cheeks at bedtime, "i guess so" he mumbled, letting jungkook wrap a leg around him and caress his hair.