FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

In the end, I couldn't force myself to feel nothing for Erwin Smith.

And so, as a small episode of mine passed— I quickly composed myself as though nothing happened, turning the pages of my book and finally getting past 2 lines at least.

I would read 2 lines and my mind would drift back towards the both of them.

I wondered what they were doing now. I buried my face into my book in a deep frustrated exhale.

I can't do this.

But in the midst of my suffering, a knock sounded from the door, catching my attention as I carefully placed my book on the study before tumbling out of bed.

I hastily opened the door as the knock grew more impatient, I moved in fear of waking our other roommates with the incessant knocking.

Slightly irked, I opened the door ready to confront the only one who could possibly be knocking at this hour.

As I swung open the door, I was greeted by the sight of Erwin who didn't look as neat as he did when he left.

His hair wasn't in place, slightly disheveled which only meant he must have ran his fingers through it multiple times to get such result. His eyes looked deep, as though pulled into thinking, and there seems to be a very small faint frown on his lips.

This immediately confused me with a frown of my own.

"Erwin, what? How did it go—" before I could even complete the questions that immediately occupied me, I felt a strong pair of arms pull me into an embrace.

A strong, firm, and tight embrace. As though I was going to slip off and disappear.

I was confused as hell.

But I let it. Because I felt a ton of emotions from the mere action alone, emotions that I could not identify but still feel.

It felt nice, I realized midway. To pull me in with his arms wrapped securely around me, our bodies closer than they have been before. I felt my heart soar even if it was just for a moment.

"Erwin?" I muttered uncertainly.

I felt and heard a sigh of (what sounds like) relief. And then he pulled away, still holding me by my shoulders with his outstretched arms.

"How did it go. . . ?" I trailed off unsurely, hoping that the warmth didn't reach my cheeks or the light wasn't bright enough to show my skin changing its color.

He breathed, "You have no idea."

It must have went well.

My stomach twisted as I slowly peeled myself off from his hold, taking a few steps back to maintain distance.