FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Thing were never the same after that particular night, even up to the last day of our cadet lives.

I never spoke to Erwin again after that, perhaps exchanged a few short quips for training purposes but never beyond that. And he didn't try to push me either, having figured my silence as my reply.

I decided to let him go.

Erwin was never meant to be mine in the first place. It was impossible.

I was determined that I would be just some sort of character development for him to find the right person. It was already hard enough to digest he loved me.

I wasn't the type of person someone would love their entire life. I was to be loved periodically and with intervals, if not, never.

It was either suffering later or saving myself from the pain that would inevitably come.

We were soon graduating and that solidified my belief that whatever happened in the past was soon to pass and be forgotten.

I'd lie if I said seeing Erwin talk to Marie occasionally during the entirety of our bad fallout didn't hurt. I knew she loved him, and he could learn to love her too.

Hell, he may even be in love with her now.

"You're so gloomy lately." Carly pointed out one afternoon as I packed my things from the dorm, beginning on tidying up since tomorrow would be the day we choose our regiments.

Hence, new place.

New place = away from all this.

"You're supposed to be thrilled you're graduating." She said to me.

I sighed, "I am thrilled."

"You don't have the face of someone who looks like it."

"I'm sorry, is my physical appearance not up to your standards?" I retorted, sorting out my books in a relatively small box.

She thought it was a brilliant idea to accompany and help me pack, saying how it would probably be the last time before I throw myself in front of titans. I figured she was right and decided she could tag along.

But now, I was having a hard time between focusing my attention on sorting my stuff and holding a conversation to her entertainment.

"Not at all."

I could only hum in response, barely paying attention.

"Not at all not in my standards, I mean." I could sense her shifting uncomfortably. I looked up to see her with an arched brow.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"M/n, I don't think you're bad-looking at all. In fact, I find you really attractive—" her nervous string of words suddenly halted as she saw a figure appear from the doorway, walking in quite explosively to let everyone know of the new presence.