FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I could see Marie engaging with Erwin.

And although I felt a pang hit my chest, I knew I had no right to feel anything but utter glee for the two of them.

It was not like Erwin was mine. Sure, he may have said a few words he may or may not mean—but that's all they were, right? He couldn't possibly mean it to me, not when Marie's right there.

If I was Erwin, I'd see the obvious choice too.

"You're on your 4th glass." Nile pointed out to me with furrowed brows, growing concerned over my alcohol consumption as I feel my body grow warm now.

"Don't worry, I have a decent tolerance. . ." I mumbled. "You know, this reminds me of a time when you had too much to drink and ended up sprawling across the street. Do you remember that?" I grinned, resting my chin against the open palm of my hand.

Nile turned away, obviously embarrassed as the tips of his ears turned red.

"It's okay to forget some memories, you know?"

"You were hugging the lamp post and kissing it. When I asked you what on earth you were doing. . . You know what you said?" My grin only widened. "You said you were saying goodbye to Mar—"

"Okay, that's enough!" He was absolutely flustered now. "Though I have no recollection whatsoever of the events you claim to have transpired."

"Oh, trust me. It happened."

"What gives?" Nile sent me a pointed glare to match my amusement. "Have you lost your ability to stop intrusive thoughts by the 4th glass?"

"Just a happy thought." I mischievously stated. "But yes, this glass is dedicated to that memory and the next shall be about the time you got into—"

"No more drinks for you!" Nile swiped the glass away, sending it towards Erwin who sat across us.

Marie was conversing with him seeing as I preoccupied Nile's attention. However, Erwin looked like he was paying half-attention to her as his eyes occasionally darted towards us; seemingly more interested in whatever conversation we were having than whatever story Marie was telling him.

"Get this away from Thorne Junior before he reveals the military secrets." He told the blonde, letting Erwin hold the glass away from me.

I piped in, "That is a smart term, Nile. Recalling your bathroom incidents do remind me of war stories—very befitting of the Military."

"M/n!" Nile buried his face in his hands as I heartily laughed, feeling more free now that I had alcohol giving me a false sense of confidence in my system.

"Brother, I think you should start freshening up. I can tell you're not going to be feeling well later when the alcohol isn't making you drunk." Marie pointed out, making me stop for a moment as I assessed my state.