Chapter Two

It was a mistake to think she could simply blow in and out of Boston quickly.  For three days Sean and his kin had kept her as a personal guest.  Even going so far as to offer her a room in their apartment above the bar.  Which meant she'd stayed because saying offer really meant order when it came from Neala Mulligan. In front of Allister Mulligan himself.

The first delay had been the absence of Sean Mulligan the night she'd gotten to town. Instead she'd spent that first evening in the pub surrounded by a hoard of Mulligans, a couple O'Shea's and Black's as well. Wanting to represent Brandon and Quincy properly Kenny had a beer and laughed at the jokes.

Second delay was Magnus's fault as he'd offered to show her around Boston. And by show her around it had meant checking out what business competition Boston had. Okay so it wasn't really his fault so much as he'd found her interest hook and gave it a tug. It also wasn't his fault that she'd insisted on visiting all the strip clubs as well as the private clubs.

Like any other large city, Boston had its fair share of strip clubs. Most on the trashier side but a couple she could grudgingly call nice. What was shocking was that only one private club catered to kinks and fetishes. Even then it was a smaller set up and not members only. A matter she'd left in Finn's hands because when it came to some kinks it was asking for trouble. No vetting meant accidents.

Another delay had been haggling down her protection with Sean himself. Also the fact that she intended to make the property neutral ground. It had seemed safest given the Mulligan's connection to another MC. Kenny also had to consider her clients who may or may not be family approved. Which had foiled Sean's plans to invest which had left her facing a cranky mob boss. At least until she offered him an in for a potential future escort service.

Really all of the above had taken only two of her three day visit. The third day had been personal. Before leaving Chicago Kenny had emailed Manix requesting information on Luther's old lady and what had happened there. Kennedy didn't like complications and the women hadn't exactly left her with the best impression character wise. Instead of a email back, Manix had called her. Information better told by phone than email and that had left her seeing red. She'd needed the added day to cool down.

Checking her side mirror Old Murphy's truck was the only one behind her. Problem was the SUV travelling in front of her. Turning her gaze back to the road she scowled and cursed the men in it.  Sean had insisted on placing two of his nephews with her for protection but the addition of Finn had caught her off guard.  When she'd went to argue he'd simply told her to load up and roll out.  Seems all the Mulligan men no matter which blood line had a bossy streak.  Oh and a side order of big man syndrome.

Because she hadn't been able to voice her anger at being handled Kenny decided there was at least one Mulligan she could tell off.

"Fuck sakes Kenny" Quincy's sleepy gravel voice cursed over the line when it took three try's before he picked up. Oh she knew good and well he'd closed out the den last night. That given it was already ten in the morning he'd probably only been asleep a couple hours. She had zero fucks to give. Okay that was a lie. Kenny got a thrill of amusement knowing she'd interrupted his beauty sleep.

" Listen up and wake up you evil leprechaun. I don't care. Can you guess why?" She shot back but didn't give him a chance to answer. " It seems somewhere along the line your cousin Sean gained the impression that I was some helpless little women. That I, as a weaker female needed big strong men to protect my simpering self. Which could only have been knowledge gained from speaking to the two Mulligan men who know me" she threw at him.

" My Da would not and neither would I." He began but she hadn't called him for his defence argument.

" Awe really now? So then why the fuck have I been given the protection of Finn and the Irish Twins aye?" She shot at him as in the distance a group of buildings came into view and marked her arrival.