Chapter Four

Just after midnight Kennedy entered the quiet empty bar through the back kitchen doors and turned on ever single light on her way to the front. Armed with a tape measure and her tablet she set them behind the bar before hoping up on it to sit. There she sat quietly just taking in the main space and letting ideas flash through her mind. Only when she reached back for her tablet did she realize her mistake.

Dressed in cut off jean shorts and an old t-shirt she'd been prepared to get dirty. But as she lifted an ass check to turn, there was the distinct sound of her shorts peeling off the bar surface. Mentally she cringed as she peeled the rest of her ass off the bar and jumped down. Okay truth she may have gaged a little. First note on her tablet was to refinish the bar. God she hoped that was just from spilled drinks.

     Always practical Kenny knew the clientele and regulars would be bikers and truckers.  During the summer months she may get the family stopping through on a road trip.  Or during a Boston winter the college and university students for a weekend of slumming it.  This wasn't Chicago.  So she'd clean up the bar and give it a refresh.  But Kenny wanted to keep some of the memories.

      Earlier she'd said the place had history.  It was literally written in the walls.  But Luther had also neglected  the bar and it showed.  So she'd bring it back to life and put her addition on the side for the private club.  She'd place her mark and add to its history.  Today she'd also walked through her 27 room motel and listed some work she'd need done there too.  Only when her brain turned fuzzy did she set the tablet aside.  And questioned why she was doing any of this. 

      Money wasn't an issue.  She'd almost manically worked her tail off to make sure it never was again.  And truthfully this place was a money pit that would take years to recuperate the initial investment.  That's if it ever did. Maybe it was closure or making peace with the man who'd been nothing more than a sperm donor.  She'd had a good life in Chicago and it was still there for her.  But she wasn't happy so maybe this was just her grasping at straws.  Maybe she'd never find her happily ever after. But maybe she could find something close. 

       Shutting the lights back off as she walked back out Kenny decided a therapy call may be in her near future. 

       Sitting outside the clubhouse having a smoke Hoss watched the bar lights flick on but kept his seat on the picnic table.  After not even one full day near half the guys had pulled out.  Not for good but taking themselves elsewhere till the bar reopened.  Heckler had been among them with the excuse of visiting a couple other clubs along the east coast.   He was just thankful Alfie, Bais and Cuff had chose to stick it out with him.

       " She's a looker" Cuff stated as he came out to sit beside him.  And Hoss couldn't argue that as Kennedy was fucking hot as hell.  Unfortunately he also caught the vibe off her that she was also more than a little fucked up.  Functionally fucked up as she was a cool little parcel when dealing with Colly.  But how she'd gone into the conversation had shown a little of her crazy.   Unfortunately Hoss seemed to have a type. He didn't care what colour of hair they had. Didn't matter if the women was short or tall, curvy, slim or even on the plus side of the scale. Nope, the only consistency was that everyone of the women who peaked his interest were a little batshit crazy. And by his brothers grin Cuff knew this too.

        " She is, but she's also a Molotov cocktail, unstable and explosive.  Someone who somehow pissed off the Russians and is connected to the Irish.    So it's hands off till we see which shape this whole situation is looking to be" he ordered trying to hide where his own thoughts were going.

" We fucked up. Let too much slide." Bais ground out also coming to join them, his eyes in the lit bar. 

     "Who's on the kid and Colly?" He questioned and wondered if any of them were going to get much sleep tonight. 

        " Prospects on Colly and Lacy's keeping an eye on River.  The rest of the women either went with the guys or headed into Boston.  This whole thing is fucked man.  Our Pres and and more than half the club take off." Alfie answered also joining them outside. 

       Hoss remained quiet even though he knew they were looking for answers.  Honest truth, he didn't have them.  He was the Vice President of a club that no longer really functioned like one.  Their president and his friend had left them to handle business and all this shit.  And if he was honest Heckler had helped turn the club around then started dropping the ball.  His executive picking up the brunt for the last two years.  Hoss wasn't sure what to do with that. 

       Old Murphy watched his charge lock the bar back up and head for her trailer.  Only then did he head to the old motel where he'd set up his cot.  But his brain wasn't yet ready to shut off yet so he took a seat just outside the door.  Watching the night as he tried to work through the day. 

      Before he'd come back into the family fold he'd been a cop.  Despite his family he'd been a clean cop.  And despite being called old Murphy he was still a man only in his late forties.  But unlike his brothers and sisters he'd never married and had a parcel of children.  Never settled.  And been content with it. 

     His brother had tasked him with watching over his nephew and his new business partner years before.  Man had that been an eye opener.  But it had also been what he'd needed and that had been someone to watch over.  And over the years he'd watched that girl heal and turn into the women she was now.  Imperfect, but smart.  Murph thought he'd known all there was to know about the lass.  So he been caught off guard with this move. 

      Luther had come up when he'd first looked into the lasses background.  And as he'd dig deeper he'd found the reasons the man left all those years ago.  Carried them like a secret because they'd have made no difference now.  And when the lawyer came forward he'd agreed with the lass selling this shit.  She had a good life in Chicago.  So why the hell weee they here now. 

      Watching the darkness it was almost to quiet.  No city sounds or light.  He'd picked out the room that needed the least work but still it had taken hours to toss everything out and give it a sweep.  The club he'd worried about wasn't anything more than a broken club.  More than half its members taking off after the shit with the women today.  And now their girl had a brother to watch out for.  It was a fucking mess. 

      Pulling out his phone Murph scrolled though his contacts till he came to Magnus, better know as Irish.  His cousin had been riding as a nomad for the Blood Wolves MC since his early twenties.  But in recent years had reconnected more with the family as other ties to his club were created.  Murph had some questions and trusted Irish to have or find the answers.  A broken club wasn't going to keep his girl safe. 

A/N

I know it's short and a filler.  But needed to end that first storyline day and lead a little towards where I'm taking this.  Now that I got it figured out you'll start seeing more from the primary characters perspectives.  Already working in the next chapter and hope to have it posted either tonight or tomorrow.