Chapter Ten

(Note:  This takes place the same day Heckler went to see Kenny.  For now I'll say three days earlier from where the last chapter ended.)

       He though getting everyone home would help but he'd been very wrong.  During their first meeting he and Bais had laid out everything that had been said so far.  The work being done property.  How Kennedy was making the bar and other businesses neutral ground.  The potential issues with another club and the Mulligan family.

Heckler had acted like it was nothing more than an inconvenience. That he would talk with her and clear the air. Set down his own rules. Which sounded more like he was going to fuck up what little chance they had left. But the club had agreed even after he'd reminded them about another club being in play here.

" How bad?" Bais shot the question to Alfie who joined them out back. The rest of the club was in full party mode again. Better a party than the shit Heckler was spewing when he'd limped back in earlier.

" He went in with big dick attitude. Dude actually told Kenny she needed to learn her place like she was a club sweet butt. He's lucky she broke his junk over the putting a bullet in him" Alfie answered placing a bucket of beers he'd brought out on the table.

" A couple of the guys also tried to start shit today with a couple of the Mulligan's. Hugo shut it down quick. But he sought me out after and warned me that he'd call in back up if needed." Cuff added and they all knew that back up would probably wear a patch.

" No one's even noticed the kid being gone but have noticed Lacy's involvement down at the bar. Couple of them seem to believe that she's now fair game too. I stepped in but it's going to be an issue and I'm not high enough ranking." Chuckles added his piece frowning down at the beer in his hand. The clubs gentle giant stood in at 6'5 and weighed in around 260. Chuck had a protective streak when in came to Lacy and River. Innocents in the rough club lifestyle he'd once said.

" Stepped in. I heard Bender is missing teeth and Munch took an involuntary nap" Bais actually sounded amused for a moment before his looked turned serious again. " Riz has been flapping off that Lacy needs to earn her way like the rest of them. It's going to be an issue" he added setting aside his beer and lighting up a cigarette.

Bias's eye looked straight at Hoss with that freaky as shit look he got. The one that said he'd run out of patients and someone was gonna die. His eyes sparkling while the rest of his face looked emotionless. Freaky. But he understood and agreed that this situation wasn't going to resolve itself. Their club was a mess, more frat house than motorcycle club.

" There are a couple of the older guys who shared a look when you mentioned the patch over. Dex, Keen and Carver. Could be a couple more who'd vote that way. The ones who weren't happy with the changes made within the club when Heckler took over as president" Alfie broke the silence but also kept his voice low when he said it.

" Is that the way we really want to go?" Cuff questioned and if Hoss was being honest he could admit it was the best outcome for the club. Otherwise they were just a small club going toe to toe against the Irish Mob and a seven state club.

" Let's find out what we can about the Blood Wolves first. But I catch what your saying and agree it's better than the alternatives." Hoss offered then nudged a chin motion towards the door that cracked open. Changing topic to work he was doing on his bike. The guys caught on and added bits here and there until the person finally revealed themselves. Keen and Dex stepping out a couple minutes.

" V.P. We need to talk" Keen announced looking around at the other men a little hesitant. Dex though had always been a straight shooter.

" Heckler's gotta go. I won't let this club die because of a weak Pres. You were right to call everyone back. But we weren't out joy riding. A couple of us were completing the latest run and solidifying our connections. We also may have found a way we can vote him out." Dex informed before handing over a piece of paper with a bunch of dates and amounts. Looking them over Hoss realized the dates were the same as their deliveries. But the numbers looked larger than what they should.

The only two executives not outside were Heckler and the clubs treasurer Muff. If Hoss hadn't gone over the clubs books recently he might not have recognized what Dex was handing them. Which was proof that someone was skimming off the clubs profits.

" Bais, does Muff still go on every run and handle the money transfer? And is it cash or wired funds" he questioned

" Wire and it's either Heckler or him. Why?" Bais questioned then took the paper when Hoss reached over with it. He then handed it to Alfie who quietly cursed.

" I also want to add that the Blood Wolves aren't a bad club. Despite their recent issues with the Russians they run a strong but low mortality club. If patch over was brought to the table there would be Atleast five votes in favour not including those here now" Keen stated and gave them the 70% they'd need vote wise.

"I'll call church for in three days time. This information and the patch over will be brought to vote. We collect evidence first and I want to have a talk with the Irish. We go from there" he informed but his voice was cold and anger settled in his chest. Because despite their talking about it Heckler had gone against his own club. And if the numbers were right, so had Muff. This wasn't something their current Pres could blame on anyone else. And club rules stated he wouldn't come out of it alive. Hoss just wasn't sure he could be the one to issue that death note. 

A/N. 

It's a short one but as explained  I'll probably add to it as a flashback scene or place it before the current chapter nine.  But it's a scene that plays into what's about to happen. 

Writing and posting a first draft as it's written  means this will sometimes happen.  Please bare with me.  It'll all make sense by the end of the weekend. 

Yep more chapters to come this weekend.  At least one or two.  It's Family Day on Monday in Canada so I've got a four day weekend.