Chapter Nine

The past week could best be described as a three ring shit show powered heavily by testosterone.  It all started with Sean Mulligan blowing in and out, taking Colly with him.  Then bikers began to trickle back into the yard bring with them women and all night parties.  Kennedy had moved River temporarily into his own trailer parked right next to hers.  She didn't even feel a little bad that she'd given him Finn's trailer and that the disgruntled Irishman was now bunking with Hugo. 

      To say that the two weren't the best roommates was an understatement but was vastly entertaining.  They'd also kept blowing breakers due to too many trailers.  Or  at least that's what old Murphy told her before calling in an electrician and the power company.  Boredom also started to set in for the guys and they started getting in her way in the bar.  So another big tent got set up over one of the pool tables and a card table. 

     Thankfully though Lacy and her were coming along in the bar area.  River bitched more than he worked  but the kid didn't say no when asked to haul something or help Old Murphy.  He just vocalized his displeasure creatively and frequently.  By day four after seeing him in the same ratty jeans Kennedy had sent the kid to town with Hugo and Aidan for clothes and hygiene products.  They'd come home with that and more.  The more being a 60 inch flat screen and the latest gaming set up.  Which got set up somehow in Rivers trailer.  Hugo hadn't even tried to talk his way around it.  He'd hit her with wanting the kid to have something worth something.  And damn if that didn't catch her in the feels. 

     Or maybe she could blame that on pms or something as the very next day she'd got her period.  But it did mean Kennedy had already been moody before Heckler stomped his way into the bar.  Telling her she needed to know her place.  That this was his territory and the Blood Wolves were not welcome.  He'd added a couple personal insults that had resulted in Alfie needing to help haul him out.  What! Her foot was the ball buster 3000 and it only took one shot to stop stupid people from saying stupid shit. 

     On the up side through both contractors had started and the bar was days away from reopening. 
Which meant Kenny now sat in her trailer going over the old accounts trying to figure out what to order.  At least Finn had mad headway in the office before having a cousin take over and cleaning up the taxes.  She was used to a higher end of clientele with more expensive taste.  Not a dive bar on a highway in the middle of nowhere.  When a knock sounded on the door Kenny jumped at the chance for a break and called for them to come in. 

     " Holy shit this is swanky" Royce's voice had her head lifting to see him following Hugo in.  She'd made peace with him being around but that didn't mean she's ever like the man. 

      " That's because you have the  1970's Barbie Camping model." Hugo stated having to still slightly duck his head before he took a seat in her couch.  It had her chuckling and point to a seat for Royce to take.  Sitting back Kennedy simply took a moment to appreciate the two men in her space.  Sure Royce would never make even the long list of men who had a chance.  Didn't mean she didn't recognize that he was a good looking man.  Just that she hated him on principle for getting her bestie shot.  Now Hugo, the man was top three material. 

      " My eyes are up here lass" Hugo teased as he caught her checking him out.  And she'd have been embarrassed if he hadn't quirked an eye brow and made her panties wet.  Which was just sad.  Who got turned on my a raised eyebrow.  Fuck you period hormones. 

     " Dude! She just went from checking you out to planing you demise" Royce warned and had her unstable hormones attention.  " I told you to bring chocolate" he added and Kenny pointed to the door.  She'd met the man's parents and his mom deserved a bakers dozen of grand babies.  Kenny would not take that from her.