Chapter Five

After too few hours of sleep Kenny was up and moving.  As Cian was the only one of her guards up and moving he'd got tagged in for shopping.  She knew better than to try and give them the slip.  Men called it reprimanding and reminding but to her it was whining.  Shit! Her guards in Chicago would hash times up from years before.  When really it was bringing up their ineptitude.  Like really, if they'd known how to do their jobs she'd never have been able to give them the slip. 

       " Do you even know anything about renovating?" Cian challenged as they pulled up outside a hardware store. 

      " Nope but I'm smart enough to learn and know that electrical and structural gets left to the professionals" she shot back before hoping out and heading for the main doors.  It wasn't her job to make sure he followed.  Kenny also wasn't going to point out that YouTube was where she planned to look crap up.

      Inside Kenny grabbed a cart and headed for power tools first.  Drill, palm and belt sander and reciprocating saw went in the cart.  Next she hit paint and wall repair.  In a short period of time she filled a second cart with cleaning supplies and cool wall sconces she found in the lighting department.  Cian silently pushed the second cart then helped her load it in the truck. 

      After a quick run through McDick's drive thru for breakfast they headed for home.  It was silent as Cian shovelled in his breakfast and Kenny made a mental to do list.  First she needed to check on the Colly situation and hunt down her brother River.  Sometime today she also needed to do an official meet the bikers thing. 

     "Aidan, Old Murph and I can start emptying the motel.  Get a couple rooms livable for now." Cian offered as they unloaded her haul into the kitchen at the bar. " Finn will probably talk to you about the office too. He took one look yesterday and went a little pale" he chuckled out

" if you see him first tell him to have at it. I hate paperwork and accounting" Kenny internally cringed thinking about the little box Luther called an office.

" oh we've heard" Cian teased then slipped out the back door.

Being an only child it had been a monster translation for her getting use to the Mulligan families meddling. Every time she'd turned around there'd been one of Quincy's family around or checking in. And heaven help you if you missed a family dinner. They literally hunted your ass down because you'd clearly been kidnapped or were dead in a ditch to miss it. Then came the guilt trip.

Just thinking about the family back in Chicago had Kenny feeling a little homesick. So while putting new batteries into charge she dialled home to check in. Popping in her ear bud Kenny started unloading the bar area into storage or the kitchen.

" awe so finally deemed me important enough to call" her best friend answered and he wasn't wrong. She'd made four other calls before him and someone had clearly reported it. " How does Sloan beat your best friend?!" He shot out when she wasn't quick enough with a response.

" S before Q. It's not my fault your mum chose the name and you know that's how I make the phone list. And in my defence Sloan is the power here when it comes to able body muscle. Also she threatened to come meddle in my business if I didn't call at least twice a week." Kenny answered to stop his whining then jumped into giving him a full run down of the last 24 hours. Which she was surprised he didn't already know about.

"The Russian's tried to kill you?" He growled

" Yeppers! With wine. My favourite too" she grumbled more than a little pissed that they'd ruined six bottles of it. Bastards.