Chapter seven

Chapter Seven

Hyunjins POV

Everything happened so fast, Jeongin bursting into the room looking for Felix. There he sat on the ground obviously in some state of panic. I wanted to run over to him and comfort him until my eyes landed on the bed. The book, the receipts. Fuck Felix what did you find. Jeongin rushes Felix out, pushing past me. I couldn't even think straight. How much did he know, was he going to tell anyone, fuck Felix why did you have to find that book.

I gether my thoughts, walking over to the bed and replacing all the receipts in their correct spot, one of the guards comes in and I ask him to follow Felix. Nodding he leaves me. One thing is true, I need to explain to Felix who I am.

Felix POV

Waking up I feel extremely tired, my anxiety medication can do that to me. I look around my apartment and see I am alone. I sigh, getting up I grab my phone but it was dead. I go to my room and plug it in, just then all these messages pop up.

Xxx-xxx-xxxx
Angel please let me explain

Xxx-xxx-xxxx
Come back to work today I will tell you everything

Xxx-xxx-xxxx
Please Felix you need to understand

Xxx-xxx-xxxx
What I said was true, I would never hurt you. Please believe me

Then a text from Jeongin

Ginnnie<3
Hey bub, I went into town to start applying for new jobs I will be home later, food is in the fridge make sure you eat something. Call me if you need me.

Should I give him a chance? Should I try to let him explain to me what I found? He said he won't hurt me, maybe I should believe him. Shakely I press the phone icon for his number still unsaved in my phone. He picks up instantly.

H: Felix? Angel? Are you okay? Where are you?

F: I-I'm fine

H: Honey please let me explain, I promise to you that you are safe with me.

F: O-okay

H: Where are you, let me come get you.

F: I-I'm at home but Jeongin will be home later.

H: I will be there in 15 minutes.

He hangs up the phone. I look around my small apartment. Picking up a few things off the floor I clean the last of the dishes. I tried keeping myself busy for the next 15 minutes. Not letting my mind come up with any more crazy accusations.

Just then theres a knock at the door. I walk over and open it, Hyunjin stood there but he didn't look like Hyunjin. His hair was a bit messed up, his eyes seemed to be blood shot. I move to the side and let him walk in. I watch him as he looks around the apartment. I kept my distance, still unsure if I trusted him or not. He must have sensed this as he walks back over to me. I back up until I hit the door behind me.

Just then he does something unexpected, his head falls onto my shoulder as he sighs loudly. "Please Felix, let me explain" he whispers out. I nod my head. Looking back up at me he gives me a faint smile, grabbing my hand and taking me over to the couch sitting us both down. "You have to understand Felix, I never wanted you to know this" he begins, "you are sunshine, you don't need to worry yourself with this, you are too perfect for my world".

He pauses a moment, I watch as his chest rises and falls. "My name is Hwang Hyunjin, I am Korea's youngest millionair. But I am also the leader of Korea's underground drug ring. I am a Mafia Boss". I gasp, this man, this beautiful man was also the most dangerous man in Korea.  "I am part of the Hwang Bloodline, I come from a long line of Mafia Boss'. I don't want you to be afraid of me, I wasn't lying when I said I would never hurt you". He grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb over the back of it.

I couldn't make eye contact with him, I knew if I did I would fall. I just stayed silent, both of us sitting there waiting for the other to make the first move. "Do you hurt people" I whisper out. I feel him shake his head, "I don't hurt people, I have others for that but I never hurt innocent people" he says trying to convince me that its somehow better. "The book" was all I said, I hear Hyunjin sigh next to me, "the book is part of tradition Felix, I only contributed one receipt to it. The others are past boss' or initiations for other members" he says lowly.

"W-Why do you do it" I stutter out, almost afraid of the answers he might come up with. "I don't have a choice, I was born into this. My family expects me to continue the legacy like my ancestors before me" he says. I start thinking about my childhood, how amazing it was growing up in Australia with my parents, I was only 4 when they passed in a car accident. I remember it all the time. But I choose to remember the good memories I have of them too, how easy my life was back when I was young. What was Hyunjins childhood like if he was forced into this place. My heart broke a little for him, but the sympathy stopped soon after at the thought of him killing someone.

A tear makes its way down my face, I feel Hyunjins hand caress cheek, wiping away the tear in the process. "I never wanted you to find out about this Felix, I wanted you to fall in love with me. I wanted our life to be filled with bliss and happiness" he says, still rubbing the side of my face. I slowly release my hand from his, taking a moment to gather my mind I whisper out "I don't think I was made for this". The last thing I need in my life and Jeongin's life is a mafia god and all the drama and hurt that could bring to us. I couldn't be selfish in this moment, I couldn't complicate things even more for Jeongin.

Hyunjin nods his head, getting up from the couch he heads to the door. Stopping right before it he whispers out "maybe in another life". And with that he leaves. I break down, I wanted so badly to bend and fall for him. I wanted him to wrap me up in his body. But I had to think of someone other than myself. Jeongin is still processing his past, I can't help him with that if I am focused on Hyunjin and worried about his life too. I stayed on the couch until Jeongin returned back home.

He comes in and jumps on the couch next to me, "I got us new jobs Lix" he says happily handing me a new uniform. I look up at him confused, "you are looking at the new servers at Seoul Food" he continues. I shake my head and throw the outfit back to him, "I'm not leaving the casino Gin". He looks back as me confused as well "What do you mean, you actually want to work for that asshole who hurt you" he questions me. "He didn't do anything, leave it alone, he won't be bothering us anymore" I say plainly. He huffs out next to me, "Fine but if he makes one wrong move we are DONE".

I nod my head before saying back "Hyunjin is not our problem anymore".