Chapter twenty five

Chapter Twenty Five

Felixs POV

It had been two days, two days since I left Hyunjins house. I let my phone die, unable to continue hearing the ding of texts he was sending me. I didn't do anything, I didn't go to work, I didn't eat, I barely slept. I only left my bed to go to the bathroom. Of course Jeongin was worried about me, knocking on my door every morning and night checking to make sure I was still alive.

I couldn't put it together, my memories of that day were so scattered. I remember one thing but was told another. I was outside when my parents cam and got me, putting me into the car and taking off. I was told we were going to the market and a drunk driver hit us. My parents parished in the crash but I was fine, without a scratch.

Thats what my aunt told me, thats what I believed had happened. I groan, I knew what I had to do but I didn't want to. I didn't even know if she would answer me. Plugging my phone in I was bombarded with texts from Hyunjin. I ignored them all, going straight to my emails and scrolling down until I found my last interaction with my aunt. She left me her phone number for some reason.

Shaking I dial the number, I listen as it rings, around the fourth ring someone picks up. A man, "Hello" they ask into the phone. I stumble, "Hi is this Mary Lees number" I ask back. "It is whos calling" he asks back to me, what do I say, would she even talk to me knowing I was the one on the other end? "Its Felix, her nephew".

"Mar, you have a phone call" the man scream out, shuffling around I hear her voice. "Hi this is Mary how can I help you" she says sweetly. "Aunt Mary, its me Felix" I say quietly into the phone. I hear her sigh from the other end, "Felix, what do you need. Hopefully not bail money or anything your not our problem anymore" she says back harshly. I knew this was a mistake, I almost hung up on her but I continued talking. "I need to know the truth, a-about my parents" I say back shakily.

"Felix I don't want to get into this honestly I have to go to work" she says back to me but I cut her off before she was able to hang up "Please Mary". I hear her sigh loudly again. "Meet me at the hospital, I have a shift there tonight. If I have a moment I will tell you but Felix don't waste my time" she tells me before hanging up.

Later that day I finally emerge from my room, Jeongin and Changbin sat on the couch before looking up at me. "Oh my gosh Felix you're alive, are you hungry, do you want to go out, what can I do to make you better" Jeongin asks me as he tackles me with a hug. I laugh a little, hugging him back I tell him "right now I just have to go meet someone, I'll be back later okay". He nods his head, letting me leave out the door and down to the bus stop.

I looked around, no car was waiting for me. Maybe Hyunjin was giving up on me. I don't know if I was relieved or hurt. The bus pulled up, I hop on and take my usual spot in the back, putting in my headphones as I listen to music. I zone out, looking out the window as my mind kept running.

Seeing the exit for the hospital I get up and off the bus, making my way inside I look around. Honestly I forgot what my aunt looked like, it had been so long since I had seen her last. Almost five years now. Walking up to the desk a lady looks up at me smiling, "please sign in and the doctor will be with you in a moment" she says handing me some form.

I give it back to her and speak up, "I am actually here to see Mary Lee". She looks at me, up and down trying to figure out who I was before she spoke "Felix". I nod my head as she stands up and comes around to meet me infront of the desk. "I honestly didn't think you would show up but I take my break here soon, just wait over here while I go change out nurses" she tells me, I sit down and wait for her to come back.

Coming back out she has her jacket on and moves fast past me, I get up and follow her trying to match her pace but it was almost like she was running from me. I grab her hand, making her turn around and face me finally, I noticed the tears coming down her face. "You look so much like her" she whispers looking back at me.

"I want to know what happened" I say back to her quietly. She nods her head, still holding onto my hand we take a seat on a bench outside. She pulls out a cigarette from her purse, lights it and inhales deeply before exhaling a cloud of smoke. Looking over at me she offers me the cigarette but I decline. She crosses her legs, the one bouncing up and down.

"Please tell me" I ask her, waiting for her to speak as she shakes her head. "It sounds like you already know something so what do I need to say" she says back, continuing to smoke. "I want to know the truth, I want to know why I was lied to" I tell her. Taking another hit she was still unable to look at me, "You were only 4 Felix, we thought telling you the truth would do more harm than good".

"Your dad had a bad habit of gambling, they were in the process of losing the house when all of this happened. He owed the wrong people money and instead of dealing with it they tried to hide. Your mom called me in tears, begging me to take you if anything were to happen to them. At the time I thought she was being delusional, how bad could it be" she continues telling me as her cigarette gets smaller and smaller. "I hadn't spoke to her in a couple days, but thats when I got the call from the cops. They told me it was a drunk driver but I knew what had happened a few days after picking you up and bringing you here".

She tosses her cigarette to the ground, getting up leaving me sat there, "The people responsible tried to come after us for their debt, we had the money so we paid it. You became a burden we couldn't afford Felix" she says walking away from me and back inside.

I say there in the cold on that bench for an hour, so it was true. My parents were murdered at the hands of Hyunjins dad. That was true. I was a burden for my aunt and her family, that is why I was treated like a maid. I was paying of the debt of my parents. I walked home, in the cold as night came. I was freezing but I was also numb.

My parents were good people, they made bad mistakes that cost them their lives. I paid the price of that. If I hadn't of survived I wouldn't have burdened anyone. I wouldn't have been a problem in their lives. I felt so guilty, I wished I had been killed in the crash with my parents. Then I wouldn't be in so much pain right now.