Chapter twenty two

I wasn't planning on releasing this till tomorrow but y'all can thank sourpatch_7 lol enjoy

Chapter twenty two

TRIGGER WARNING: GUNS, SHOOTING, BLOOD, AND DEATH

Hyunjins POV

I leave Felix at the house, making a short walk to my vehicle before pulling out. The Hill House was a meeting place about an hour from me. Its where other mafia bosses come and meet and conduct business. Korean Mafias weren't like American Mafias, we don't go shooting each other in the street we handle things according to the bosses. We don't over step, we make alliances. Of course theres a hiccup here and there, newer and younger bosses making their way in trying to stir everything up but none that have stuck around.

I didn't know what I was walking into honestly. Was this going to be peaceful or deadly. I pull up to the house right on time. Stepping out I take in my surroundings, only one other vehicle was parked in the driveway. I didn't see anyone hiding or running through the bushes along the property. Exhaling I walk in, there sat my father sitting at one side of a long table by himself.

Walking in and not bowing felt weird but he had lost my respect after attacking Felix. Sitting down across from him I take notice, he looked different, almost run down. He clears his throat, "Son, wheres Felix" he asks me smirking. I shake my head laughing back at him, "I would never bring Felix anywhere close to you".

"That is such a shame, I wanted to see how his neck was healing" he hisses back at me. I am trying so hard to control my anger, thinking of Felix helps me calm myself down. "I want to know something, the truth. Why did you attack Felix" I ask him bluntly. He leans back in his chair, throwing his hand in the air sighing at the same time. "You were young Hyunjin, I am not surprised you don't remember our time in Australia" he tells me.

"What does that have to do with anything" I ask back getting slightly annoyed hes turning this into a lesson. "Felix, hes well how do I put this, hes related to collateral damage" he says still unable to make eye contact with me. Still not understanding I ask back "What do you mean related to collateral damage". He laughs evilly, finally bringing his eyes to meet mine. "I mean we are the reason he was orphaned".

My heart drops, "Wh-What do you mean, Felix's parents died in a car accident" I say back loudly to him getting angry now. "I mean what I said son, I knew it just by looking at him. His parents owed the wrong people money and they tried to flee the country with Felix. I was told to stop them from leaving" he says plainly, like I should have known this, like I should understand.

Standing up from the table my chair falls back slamming against the wood flooring. My father matches me, unable to guess my next move. "They were on their way to the train station, I stopped them" he continues on "I was weak, not finishing off Felix when I had the chance to. He survived the car accident only because I allowed it. I had your mother in the back of my mind, you were only a year or two older than him but he reminded me so much of you".

Relaxing his stance he begins to walk around the table towards me, I couldn't move all I could think about was felix. Is this even real? Is he trying to catch me off guard by lying to me? No, my father was many things but he never lied to me. "I figured Felix knew, I figured he had entranced you so he could hurt you son. I only want what is best for you and he is not it" he tells me, placing his hand onto mine.

I snap it back towards me, pushing myself rom the table as I round the other way wanting to keep my distance from him. I remember australia but I was only 5 or 6, I wasn't allowed out of the house but that was normal. "I had to make it look like an accident so they didn't think the Mafia was involved. No one knew about their money issues except for their relatives in Korea" he continues talking. I feel the anger in me rising.

"I should have finished the job, we wouldn't be in this problem if I hadn't have gone soft. It was my only regret in life" he says softly. Finally finding the words I scream out to him, "So your elaborate plan was to kill him all along". He smiles evilly back to me, "No Hyunjin, its your turn to finish my task".

Now it was turn to laugh back, "I would never hurt Felix, ever" I tell him bluntly. "Oh but you already have son, I'm picking up on the fact that he doesn't know the truth about his parents. It would be a shame for him to find out, and how could he ever look at you the same way" he questions me. "Felix would know I was innocent and that its still you and your fault that his parents are dead" I hiss back at him.

Both of us still rounding the table, not daring to stop as the other would catch up. "I hope so son, I hope you are right because if your not then that means I am right" he says before trailing off, looking down at something on the backs of one of the chairs. "And you know I am always right" he finishes before grabbing the tapped gun from the chair and aiming it towards me.

Reacting quickly I jump behind another piece of furniture, going down to my leg pulling out my gun checking the rounds in it I exhale. He continues shooting at me, knowing the furniture won't last much longer I jump behind the table, pulling it down with me as I hear the clicking of his empty barrel. I take the moment, point and aiming I get one bullet out, it was all slow motion watching it make contact with his chest, his body falling to the floor as the gun falls to his side.

Getting up my aim is still on his limp body, walking over to him I kick the gun away from his reach. I watch as the blood begins to gurggle out of his mouth, he struggles to breath but stops looking at me with a smile. "I knew you had some guts" he chokes out before shutting his eyes. His chest stops moving, the blood still pooling out from his chest.

Falling to my knees I pick up his limp body, holding him close to my chest I begin to cry. I wasn't a murder, I wasn't a Mafia Boss, in that moment I was a son who had just lost his father. Even if it was at my own hands he left me with no choice. I wasn't lying to Felix when I told him I don't hurt innocent people. But my father was far from innocent.

I notice something in his jacket pocket, pulling it out was a photo now stained in the corners with his own blood but I knew exactly what was in the photo. I was my tenth birthday, my father knew I would be learning more about the Mafia side soon so he decided to show me his office. I sat there behind his desk as he snapped a photo of me. Back then it felt like I was running the world all while sitting behind that same desk.

Tears start rolling down my face onto the photo, it reminded me that he wasn't always a monster but he just grew into one. Placing the photo in my pocket I make a few calls, I needed to dispose of his body but I also needed to make an important phone call. Dialing her icon my mother picks up. My voice trembles a little as I tell her "He told me about Australia, He told me what he did. He tried to kill me. But the opposite happened". I listen as her heart breaks over the phone.

She screams out in pain, not able to make out any words other than "I'm sorry". The tears never stopped, she finally calmed down after awhile. Inhaling and exhaling loudly she whispers to me "You are a good person Hyunjin". That was it, that is what it took for me to break down. I tried so hard to be strong for her, but as she just lost her husband I also just lost my dad. She tries to calm me down, telling me I did the right thing, it was self defense. Anything to get me to calm down.

Then she tells me she is coming home to me. I agree, it was formal of us to have a funeral for him even though his casket would lay empty. But thats what he deserved. I hear the others pull up, walking out as they pass me I hand them the cash to get rid of him. Going into my car all I wanted was Felix but I knew I needed to tell him before anything else what I had just learned. I make the hour drive back in utter silence. Not even able to think a coherent thought.

It was around 3 AM when I pulled up. Getting out I make my way inside, the guards finally leaving as I go and look for Felix. There he was asleep perfectly in my bed. Walking in to my bathroom I start a shower, turning the heat all the way up wanting to scrub off everything that had unfolded tonight. The hot water burning down my skin as I let the steam consume me.

Stepping out I get changed quickly and head to my bed but realize Felix is now awake, sitting straight up in my bed waiting for me. I give him a light smile before I walk over, he then engulfs me into a hug. Hugging him back as tight as I can, not wanting the moment to end but knowing I can't lie to him. I pull away, my fingers light tucking a piece of his bangs behind his ear and smile at him again.

Before I can even open my mouth he cuts me off, "Thank you" he tells me. I look at him confused, "What are you thanking me for Angel" I say back sweetly. Placing his head on my chest he tells me "thank you for coming home".