Chapter eight

Chapter Eight

Felix POV

My alarm next to me goes off, 3AM is here already. I groan. Getting up I start getting ready, showering and getting dress. Fuck I don't have a uniform here. Looking up at the time I just throw on some sweats and stuff and run out the door. I thankfully catch the bus and get on, taking my spot in the back my ears fill with music from my phone. Fuck I have to get a new uniform. Which means I have to ask Hyunjin for one.

Getting off at my stop I run into the casino and get behind the bar, Sam comes over looking at me up and down. "What you start fucking the boss and all of sudden you don't have to wear a uniform" she asks me playfully. I laugh back, "very funny, I lost my uniform so I need to get a new one". Clocking in I make the same walk to the back room, two guards stand outside the door. Looking up at them I say "I uh I need to get a new uniform". They relay something in their ear piece before opening the door for me.

I nervously walk in, looking around the blacked out room expecting to find Hyunjin there waiting for me. But hes not. Instead a different guy sits in the desk where Hyunjin should be. I walk in and clear my throat trying to get the mans attention. He looks up at me "Uniforms are in the back, grab one and sign it out, it will come out of your tips this week". I nod my head and walk down the hall, finding my size in everything I sign out a form and start to exit the room. Before my hand makes it to the handle I swing around, "where is Hyunjin" I ask. The man looks up at me again, "not that its any of your business but hes out of town" he says rudely before getting back into his work.

I leave and run to the bathroom, throwing on my outfit and fixing my hair in the mirror. I make my way out onto the casino floor and start taking orders. I tried focusing at the task on hand but my mind couldn't help but think of Hyunjin, where was he, was he okay, was he avoiding me?

The next few days flew by, Hyunjin still missing in action but I continued to go to work. It was getting back to normal for me which I was grateful for but I still missed seeing him. Jeongin started picking up more shifts to work with me, he was still worried about my situation with Hyunjin. I was annoyed but didn't mind the extra company. Looking down at my phone I see its finally time for me to leave. Jeongin had a couple more hours but told me to go on home without him. I clock out and gather my belongs before saying goodbye to everyone.

Getting outside I start making the familiar walk to my bus stop. I had a funny feeling I was being watched. It was about 4 AM now, I sat at the bench waiting for my bus to arrive, trying to push out the weird feeling of eyes on me. Looking up and around I see no one, I am just being paranoid. Just then a black car pulls up in front of me, screatching to a stop scaring me a little. Looking at the tinted window as it rolled down revealed Hyunjin. But it wasn't my normal Hyunjin, this one looked messy. His hair tossed around, a cigarette hung out of his mouth, his eyes red. He looked sick almost.

"Get in" he commands me. I get up and make my way over to the passenger side, getting in and setting my bag down on the floor and buckling up.Then the smell hits me, hes been drinking. Hyunjin speds off, running stop signs and red lights. His window still rolled all the way down as he throws his lit cigarette out of it. I clutch onto my seatbelt and the door. "H-Hyunjin slow down please" I beg him but his eyes stay on the road, swerving in and out of traffic. Just then I see red and blue lights flashing behind us. Hyunjin sighs, slowing down and pulling over to the side. An officer makes his way over to the window, he takes one look at Hyunjin before bowing. "May I speak to you outside of the car please" the officer asks. Hyunjin sighs again, getting out of the vehicle walking away with the cop.

After they spoke for a minute or two the officer comes back, opening up my door. "Sir are you able to drive Mr. Hwang home" he asks me. I nod my head, after showing him my ID I get in the drivers side and Hyunjin gets in the passenger. He sulks down into the seat, crossing his arm and pouting. If he wasn't wasted I would think he was being cute. The officer comes back over to my window and tells me to get him home safe. Starting the car I drive off, I have never been to Hyunjins home before but thankfully his phone was connected to the radio, I searched for the key word 'Home'. The GPS then starts directing me to his house.

He stayed quiet, still pouting and looking out his window. It was painfully silent. Finally pulling up to the large house I come to the gate. Not knowing to code I look over at him, "Hyunjin whats the code" I ask quietly. He finally looks over to me, "0220" he says monotone looking away from me again. I lean over and put in the numbers, a green light flashes as the gate opens. I pull in and park the car. Running over to his side I try helping him out of the car but he pushes me back. Getting out on his own he tries walking but stumbles.

"Please let me help you Hyunjin" I say, grabbing his arm trying to steady him. He pulls his arm away from me before growling back "I don't need your pity". A small sting enters my heart, why was he being so cold towards me? We make it to the door before he fumbles around with his keys, finally getting the right one and unlocking it swinging open the door. Walking in behind him I look around in awe. The inside was dark, but the walls had a slight sparkle to them. Gold and silver decorations hung all around the walls.

He continues in, kicking off his shoes before a small pitter patter sound gets louder. A small mixed long hair chihuahua makes its way over to him jumping up and down on his leg. "Ah Kkami, behave we have guests" Hyunjin slurs out. Picking up the dog he goes into his large living room, placing it down on the couch as he stumbles over to the bar behind it. Pouring himself a drink he loses his balance and trips. The glass falling to the floor shattering into pieces. Kkami got scared and scurried off down the hall. "Fuck" Hyunjin mutters out before taking another glass out and filling that one. Taking a seat on the couch he spills his drink a little before slamming it back.

I watch as the scene unfolds in front of me. My mind finally putting it together. I walk over and start picking up the pieces of glass from the floor. As I grab one of the shards it cuts me, "aish" I exclaim as blood starts to come from my hand. Just then I feel Hyunjin behind me, sweeping me off my feet and bringing me into his kitchen, placing me down on the counter. He rummages through the drawers before finding gause and tape. Taking my hand in his he runs the cut under cold water. It stings so I try retracting my hand but he hold it firmly under the water. After dyring it off he applies the gauze and tape.

Looking down at my hand he still won't make eye contact with me. He sighs, grabbing me and placing my feet back onto the floor. I watch as he walks back over to the bar and continues drinking. "h-Hyunjin maybe you should slow down" I stutter out, following behind him. "Don't" he blurts out. Looking down at the bottom of his glass he continues "don't pretend to care". Taking the last chug of alcohol he goes back to the couch, plopping down on it, completely ignoring me.

"You can leave me now" he growls out. I feel my eyes start to water. I shuffle over to him, he leans over, placing his elbows on his legs as his eyes stare at the empty glass in his hands. "I-I don't want to leave you like this" I whisper out. Just then he stands and throws the glass across the room, shattering against the brick wall. I jump at the sudden anger coming from him. "Don't you get it" he says lowly, walking over to me, "I don't want you here" he hisses out. Inches away from my face as more tears make their way down.

"You don't scare me" I whisper to him, his eyes shoot up, finally looking directly at me. His face softens, he then leans over hugging me tightly. I accept the hug and squeeze back as he starts to sob into my hair. I pull away and wipe his tears, "lets get you to bed" I say softly, taking his hand and walking down the hall. He stops me at his door opening it. Walking him in making sure he doesn't fall I place him down on the edge of his bed. He had a large california king bed, black silk sheets and covers lay over the top. A mirror on the ceiling placed perfectly over the bed. I begin to undress him as his body stays still. Taking off his jacket and and unbuttoning his shirt, pulling it off of his arms. I walk over to the drawer and find a pair of sweats, taking off his belt and pulling his pants off, quickly slipping on the sweats.

I lay him down on the bed and pull the blankets over him. I start making my way out of the room before he speaks up.

"Don't leave me"