chapter 2

a few days later

I sighed as the cold running water ran down my heated body. I closed my eyes and inhaled the peacefulness through my skin. I winced at the cuts and bruises that the water softly touched.

"[n/n]?" I heard Natha knock on my bathroom door. "Erwin asked for you to join the meeting." I groaned and turned the water off before answering, "tell them I'm on my way."

I grabbed a towel that was on my sink and tightly wrapped it around my body. I looked at the mirror and saw many scars and cuts laid on my shoulders and down my arms. I touched the blue and purple bruise, that was just below my jawline and on my neck, that I got from falling off a large tree and hitting a branch when I tried to dodge a titan from grabbing me. I walked out my bathroom and to my room before I proceeded to put on a new set of uniform. I held on to the green cloak on my right hand and began my journey to the meeting. I slowly walked down the hallway and stairs, flipping the cloak and putting it around my neck. I brought the hood up and covered my face before I twisted the knob open.

"Tch, she certainly took her time." Levi muttered, drinking his cup of tea. "And you certainly didn't." I said as I pulled the chair on my spot and sat on it. "Seeing that the room is drenched with your filthy scent. You did know that we had time to clean ourselves, right?" I looked up to see his emotionless face but with his shocked and offended eyes, making my lips form into a smirk.

Out of everyone, Levi has always been the cleanest but infuriating him has always been my favorite activity. I saw him open his mouth to snap at me but Erwin interrupted him. "Anyways," he banged his right fist against the table to get everyones attention. I sat up straight and turned to face him. We were in an awkward but peaceful silence for a while before he spoke again. "Reports from the expedition?" Everyone started leaning down to the floor and bringing up folders full of papers before setting it to the table and stared at me because I didn't do the same thing.

We were suppose to do reports?

"[n/n]," Erwin warned, his voice deepening. "Where is your report?" I looked at the person in front of me and saw a small smirk on Levi's face. "I wasn't told we had to do reports." I said, trying to explain myself. "We always do reports after expeditions," Levi said before whispering "idiot" under his breath.

I softly brought my right fist down on the table and slightly leaned forward. "You know, your commentary is not needed in this conversation." I said, emphasizing on 'not'. "Levi," Erwin said again in his warning and deep tone. "I told you to tell [n/n] about the reports." I stared back at Levi, shocked before it fully changed to anger when he said, "I might have forgotten to do so." He sipped his tea and kept his cold grey eyes on my [eye/color] ones as I leaned back on my chair. Erwin shook his head while pinching the bridge of his nose. "This childish actions from both of you has got to stop." He said, looking at Levi and I. "You two are captains of two strong special operations squads but you are acting like children!" Hanji snickered next to me making me elbow her on her side. "Ow." She whispered, pushing my elbow away from her. "How many years have you two been working together?" Erwin asked us while looking back and forth between Levi and I. "Two." I muttered under my breath while looking down on the table. "And you still don't know how to get a long?" Erwin groaned and faced me. "Tell me something that you would've put on your report if Levi reminded you about it." I smiled at his tone towards Levi before answering, "I would've said something about the ocean."

"We already know everything about the ocea-" I snapped my stare towards Levi and so did Erwin, shutting him up. "When we were attacked by titans, my squad and I left the formation. We ran and they followed us but when we finally lost them, we got near the ocean. And on the other side of the ocean was land." I stared at everyone, looking at their reactions. "Land?" Hanji asked, confused. "Yes and I would like our next expedition to explore there." I stated towards Erwin with hope in my eyes. "How will we get over the water? We can't really drag a boat over land to get there."

"Thats what I'll be trying to figure out for a while." He nodded his head before looking down at the table, as if he was thinking. "Give me some time to think far more into it." He simply said before asking for the next report. I slightly sunk at my seat, knowing theres little chance he'll let me explore it.

The reports and passing down folders continued on for a while before we were finally dismissed. Hanji and I walked together to the dinning hall. "What is up with you and Mr. Short Stuff?" I rolled my eyes at her as she laughed and we sat down at the table with my squad. "I just don't understand how such a little man can contain all that hatred." Joshida laughed next to me as he bit off a piece of his bread. "I could say the same thing about you." I glared at him as he and Hanji continued to laugh. "At least I'm average height for a girl," I said pushing myself up from the seat to get some food. "But thats okay because so is he." Hanji and Joshida abruptly stopped laughing before I turned around, coming face to face with yours truly.

"Levi.." I whispered, shocked to see him in front of me. We just stared at each other for a while, quietness surrounding us in the dinning hall. He furrowed his eyebrows together before walking out the door. "[n/n]," Erwin called for me. "In my office. Now."

"[n/n]," Erwin said with his elbows on his desk while rubbing his temples. "What was that back there?" I shrugged my shoulders, pulling my hood down even more, feeling uncomfortable. "What I said wasn't even that bad." I whispered, slightly already feeling guilty the more I thought about it. "Yeah but [n/n]," he said putting both of his arms on his desk, pulling his self a little closer. I slid down my chair slightly, looking to the side. "He came to you to apologize and you pushed him away with your sly comment." I stayed quiet for a while before he groaned and told me that I was dismissed. I walked out of his office and closed the door behind me.

I stood in the hallway with both my fist punched on the wall, putting all my weight as I leaned towards it. I let my head fall as I stared at the ground before turning my head to the right to see a plaque that said 'Lance Corporal Levi.' I groaned and walked over to his office and held onto the door knob. Before I could twist it, the door opened, revealing Lance Corporal Levi.