chapter 3

He quickly closed the door once he saw me but I blocked it and pushed as hard as I could. He finally gave up and turned to walk to his desk, making me almost fall on the floor due to how much force I was putting on. "Levi," I slightly begged him, closing the door behind me. "I'm so-" He interrupted me, putting his left hand up in the air to stop me as he kept his stare down on his paper work, standing besides his desk. "No need." He simply said, putting his hand down and sniffling.

Did I offend him that bad? My blood started flowing its way to my cheeks as the guilt started flowing its way throughout my body. I never meant to make him cry.

"Levi,-" Once again, he interrupted me as he grabbed the rims of his cup instead of the handle, drinking the contents in it, in which I've always found odd. The handles were made for holding on it, am I wrong? "Close the door when you leave." He sniffled again making me run to him, grabbing his arm and him dropping his cup. "What are you doing, you brat?!"

I felt heat from his skin and through his clothes and brown jacket as he started coughing vigorously. "Are you sick?" I asked, softly while he took his arm from my grip and held tightly on his desk, trying not to fall. "Get out."

"No." I said, trying to help him up and walk to his room. "Get out!" He finally yelled, pushing me off of him. I furrowed my brows together and yelled back, "No!"

He finally gave up, too weak and sick to argue, and let me put his arm around my shoulder, walking towards his bedroom door that was in the corner of his office. He coughed, using his left arm to cover his mouth. His legs got weaker as his coughs got harder and harder, making it difficult for me to carry his body. I felt his skin get hotter and heart beat faster, worrying me as I turned my head to face him. I've never seen "humanity's strongest soldier" to look so weak and I don't like it. I want his witty self back, no matter how annoying he could be.

I slowly laid him on his bed after leaning down to fix his blanket. I fixed up his pillows behind his head and neck, him groaning as he moved. I moved the blanket over him and tucked him in.

I left him in his room, coughing his lungs out while I walked down the stairs to grab a bowl of ice cold water and a clean cloth in the kitchen. "Hey, Captain." Natha smiled behind me, her cheering voice calming me from my worries. "Whats that for?" She helped me carry the bowl up the stairs. "Levi." She stared at me, shocked thinking that I might do something mischievous. I shook my head, looking down the floor as I grabbed the bowl from her. "No, he's sick." She stared at me with even more shock in her eyes than before. Shocked that I was volunteering to take care of who people thought is my archenemy.

I opened the door, leaving her behind as she kept staring, covering her lips which was wide open. "Goodbye, Natha." I closed the door on her face before she could ask whats going on.

I carefully carried the bowl in his room, seeing an asleep Levi, his head hanging down. I put the bowl on the floor before grabbing two chairs from his office then picking up the bowl and setting it on one of the chairs. I put the second chair closer to Levi and sat on it, fixing his head straight up. I grabbed his right arm and started lifting his sleeve up. I dropped the cream cloth in the water, damping it before I laid it on his pale arm, rubbing it up and down, trying to cool down his heated body.

After I was finished with his forearm, I dropped the cloth back in the bowl and stood over Levi, unbuttoning his shirt. "What are you doing?" His voice husky and grip on my wrists tight, he pushed me off of him, knocking me back to my seat.

"I'm just trying to help you, you brat." I tried to copy his tone when I said his signature nickname for everyone as he sat up, unbuttoning his shirt, sweat prickling from his forehead. My heart skipped a beat, very much worried at, the getting worst by the minute, Levi.