chapter 5

I slowly ate my breakfast as everyone around me talked about the formation for the expedition in two weeks. Even though, I wasn't going, Erwin still wanted me in the meeting just in case I change my mind.

"Levi, your squad with Daanz and Joshida will be right here." Erwin explained as he pointed to the back center of the formation.

I was scared, maybe terrified, for my brother. This was the first ever time my brother would go to an expedition, since I came in the survey corps, without me.

I'm not saying he's not strong and can't protect himself, because he's very strong and capable on doing this on his own. I'm just saying that he follows the rules. Even if a titan is on the ball of their feet and he's ordered to stay still and stay on his horse instead of using his maneuver gear, he would trust their words and stay on his horse.

Thats not me. If I see death nearing us, I would jump on my feet to protect everyone, not mattering if I was ordered to stay still. Thats why I don't understand why I became a squad leader instead of him.

"[n/n]?" I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to Erwin, who was staring at me a long with Hanji and Mike. Levi kept his eyes on the formation map.

Ever since that incident, he's been ignoring my gaze and I've been ignoring his. Unless I'm just overthinking it and Levi is actually back to his normal self, minus the witty come backs, which I don't think thats the actual case. If I could just get that feeling out of my mind then maybe I could forget about it..

"Yeah?" I put my fork down and gave all my attention towards them, sitting up straight.

"Are you feeling alright?" Hanji asked, going under my hood and feeling my forehead and neck. "Oh, wow. You're burning up." She quickly stood up and laid a blanket over my shoulders after shaking her hand rapidly to take off the burning sensation from my skin.

I don't feel sick, I feel perfectly fine.

A wave of nausea and heat made me hold onto the table, tightly, as I finally acknowledged what was wrong with my body. I was so into my thoughts about the recent and future events that my mind pushed aside the pain that my form was going through.

I clutched onto my chest as my lungs started throbbing, making it hard for me to breathe and fall to the ground. My vision started slurring as Levi's black hair flopped up above me, his hands on my cheeks, trying to keep my head straight.

"Do.. Is.. Now.." I could only hear little bits and pieces of his sentences as my ears started pounding. My eyes closed just before the pounding stopped, a long with the pain, making me fall into deep darkness.