chapter 9

third person point of view

The wind chilled and air quiet, the scout regiment held tightly on the reins of their horses. Some held their heads high while others stared at the flowing grass on the ground, tears threatening to fall from their eyes.

One held onto a "Wings of Freedom" badge as the clear, salty liquid endlessly flowed on his cheeks. He bit his lip and remembered what the captain said,

"This is the proof that they lived.. To me. It belonged to Ivan."

He put the badge in his pocket and stared at the wall as it neared them. The gate opened, negativity from the civilians muttering around them. Everyone suddenly stopped their horses and looked at the girl with her head down and tears in her eyes, who stood in front of Captain Levi.

Everyone was quiet as she sobbed out her words.

"Where is he..?" Captain Levi, along with Commander Erwin and Squad Leader Hanji, climbed off their horses. Hanji sympathetically shook her head, while putting a hand on [f/n]'s shoulder, in which she shrugged off. [f/n] laughed a little, in denial that her brother is dead.

"I-" Levi started to say but [f/n]'s fist colliding with his jaw interrupted him.

"I trusted you, you bastard!" She yelled at the top of her lungs as everyone watched them silently. Levi brought a hand to his cheek and softly rubbed it.

She kicked him in the stomach and flipped him to the ground as Levi did nothing but let her. She stood over him, her breathing heavy before she took ahold of his horse and jumped on it.

She proceeded to turn the horse around, running towards the gate in full speed. Once she reached the gate, she jumped off the dark horse and started banging on the gate. "Open it!" She yelled and yelled as her fist became sore from hitting the metal with full force.

The people who were in charged of the gate looked at her with pity in their eyes. [f/n] fell to her knees, sliding on the metal piece while sobbing out as a tall man with [h/c] hair kneeled down next to his daughter, pulling her close in his arms.

Levi climbed on his horse, turning around to ride to the Headquarters, leaving the sobbing girl behind.

"I trusted you, you bastard!"

Her words stamped on his mind, he took out the rock, that was wrapped around his wrist, from under his sleeve and clutched it tight.

~~

"[f/n]!" A sweet small voice echoed in the kitchen as I helped out my mother clean the fruits and vegetables. "[f/n]! [f/n]!" My little brother, Christopher, jumped up and down with a big smile on his face.

"Whats all this commotion?" My mother walked back from the backyard and set the basket full of fruits and vegetables down. She took out bowls and divided them each equally.

"Mother!" Christopher stretched out his word and tugged on her arm. "Give these to the neighbors?" I nodded at her and grabbed as many bowls as I could, walking out to the front door.

"Here." My father grabbed ahold of the bowls from my hands and nodded towards the door. "Grab more." He smiled at me as I did what I was told.

I handed out one bowl to each of our neighbors as they smiled at me. "Its really nice to have you back, [f/n]."

"Its only temporary but yeah." They frowned at me but then smiled again. "You're going back to Wall Sina?" I nodded my head as I grabbed the bowls after they set the fruits and vegetables on their own bowls.

To keep [n/n]'s identity a secret, I have to lie to the people I grew up with so they wouldn't know. They think that whenever I'm gone, I'm with a doctor, working as a nurse, in Wall Sina; when really, I'm with the survey corps.

I don't want anyone to know that I'm really [n/n]; I have done some things in the pass that I am not proud of. And if anyone finds out that I'm [n/n], not only am I putting the scout regiment in danger but also myself and my family. I'd rather keep my story to myself.

I opened the door to my house, seeing my father play around with my little brother and baby sister, Aimi. I smiled at the sight and walked back to the kitchen with my mother.

I grabbed the knife and started mincing the vegetables.

I felt my mother's stare on me, making me turn to her. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek before pushing me off, continuing what I was doing.

"Go help your sister fix the table." I nodded before grabbing a slice of orange and setting it in my mouth. I grabbed a cloth and twisted it, hitting my older sister, Micki, with it.

"Hey!" She yelled, setting the stack of plates on the table before running after me.

"Thats enough from the two of you." My father grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulders. He finally set me down and pushed Micki and I out of the kitchen, proceeding to set the table up.

I sat on the wooden chair, Micki sitting beside me and throwing her legs over my lap.

"You know, Christopher said that the survey corps are coming back." She said, breaking the silence. I raised my eyebrows at Christopher when he butted in our conversation, nodding, "its true!"

"Already?" I said, picking him up and sitting him on my lap. "Who told you th-?"

I was interrupted by the bell ringing and echoing around town, making my heart skip a beat. I set Christopher down and ran out, attempting to look over people's shoulders, seeing the scout regiment entering.

"I don't see any dead bodies.." A man whispered in front of me. "But I don't see Xander either.."

I pushed them apart and searched if everyone made it, not expecting much. I jumped in front of Levi's horse with a smile on my face, which turned into a frown once he ignored my gaze.

He kept on moving but his horse stopped when I grabbed tightly on its reins.

My breathing heavy and tears stripping down my face, I whispered, "where is he..?"

---

This is a semi-long chapter but only because I couldn't leave just the beginning with the 3rd person p.o.v. then it would be too short and now its too long. The struggle -.-

Buuuuut I wanna say thank you to WeeabooTrash-Senpai for giving me a shoutout in her amazing story. 'Ass God' is by far my favorite chapter so far because Levi's holy ass oh my gosh its soo funny. But thank you again, you fantastic person!

And thank you to everyone reading, voting and supporting my story. Like you guys don't understand how much my heart skips beats whenever I read your comments because it just make me sooo happy. Thank you!