chapter 15

I slowly opened the heavy door, revealing the natural smell of the headquarters. The crickets made their songs and the tiny lights from the fireflies floated outside in the chilly air. My footsteps rang in the dark castle as my emerald green cloak hung on my head while I stared at the wooden floor, walking to the dining area. I heard mutters and whispers from the other side but it stopped once they saw me softly swing the door open. I sat on one of the chairs with a mug of coffee in my hand, far from the group that was already there.

"[n/n]?.." Erwin approached me slowly, confusion on his face as I kept my stare at my reflection on the coffee. "Its late, what are you doing here?" I sipped the coffee and ignored his question. It was quiet for a minute before I heard him whisper for the troops to leave and they listened to their orders, but the captains stayed. They sat on the table around me but I pushed myself up, making Erwin grab my wrist and saying, "You can start your expedition whenever you're ready." I stared down at him as he let go. "But.. You have to do it on your own. I can't risk any of the new troops nor our old ones. You want this? You're on your own." I nodded as I made my way out the headquarters, my eyes feeling dead and tired. I got in the stables and found my horse, whipping its rein as I thought of my decision.

Should I do it? I can't really leave my family at a time like this, but then again.. I don't wanna stay in this place any longer. If I do, I'll just end up stabbing my blades through my chest. Why does everything feels so rushed all of the sudden? Before my brother died, everything felt slow; like the days were turned into months but now, it feels like the days are turned into seconds. The bright memories from long ago vanished from my head, leaving me with only my family's dark past; which sent chills down my spine.

I hopped off the horse and landed on the soft grass. I then proceeded to walk for a couple minutes before I was met with a dark voice. "Took you long enough." I turned around to see Levi with his black hair flowing along with the wind as he smirked, trying to keep his lips from smiling. "Well, I'm here now aren't I." I walked towards the large tree in the middle of the meadow and leaned my back against it.

For the first time in months, the stars actually looks bright tonight. Levi sat next to me on the ground, also for the first time, actually not caring that his pants are getting dirtied.

"I don't think you should do it." He broke the silence with his monotoned voice, making me turn to him; who was already staring at me. His eyes shined with the light of the moon, getting me lost for words. "Its not safe." He looked away as I finally realized what he meant. I shook my head, my decision final. "If you do it, you're technically throwing away everything. Your life, your family, friends.." He paused, my eyes staying on the skies. "Me."

My chest stung at his words while I looked down on the grass beneath me. "Oh well." I whispered, standing from my spot before leaning down to kiss Levi on his soft lips. The feeling of electricity is always there and hopefully when I get back, if I get back, it'll still be there. I pulled away, keeping both of my small hands on his jaw and staring at his hurt eyes. I walked towards my horse without another word before pulling my hood back on my head. I rode to the headquarters very slowly as I felt Levi's stare on my neck.

I heard the laughters and saw the smiles and memories from everyone when we were on that meadow about a year ago. I couldn't help but smile as well. I now understand what my father meant whenever he told me to 'live.' Not survive, but to enjoy the little things because you never know when it'll just soon vanish.

---

Holy Balls, I'm so so sorry. I wrote this chapter before I left for a 4 week vacation and I thought I published it but I guess not. I'm sorry! I keep disappointing you guys and letting you down with these sucky chapters but its over. This book, hood, is finally done.

Thank you soo much to everyone that read it and stayed with me from the start, it really means a lot to me. Through all the stress I went through with everything in my life, nothing made me feel happier than when you guys would comment all these nice things about my story and I don't know, I just feel so happy.

But I am planning on writing a story and I will add a description (i guess thats what its called) next. School is starting next week though so I think I can only update once a week, Sundays, but I promise I will try so hard to update more.

Again, thank you so much to everyone that read, commented and voted for my story. It really means a lot.

Byeeee.

___