Chapter 4: Nosy Reporters (Lady Wifi)

Kalianna POV

As the lesson went on, I noticed that Aaron and Marinette haven't been around. Ever since the battle with Pharoah,  Aaron has been skipping classes and coming up with excuses for us to not hang out. Marinette, however, was probably busy oversleeping and dreaming about Adrien.

I noticed Alya was holding a piece of paper with a hole in it and holding it up to people's faces. She then held it up to Chloe's face, and Chloe pointed at Ms. Bustier. I raised an eyebrow in confusion as Alya put her cut out down.

"Is Marinette still in the girl's room?" Ms Bustier asked.

Alya shrugged.

"Ms Bustier, where is Aaron?" I asked.

"Aaron called in sick today. Said he wasn't feeling well." Our teacher replied.

Again? What are you up to?

"Good riddance." Gordon whispered to Christian, who nodded in agreement.

After class, I made my way to the library until I saw Alya with Nino and Jessica. Alya had her phone in her hand and was trying to call Marinette with no success.

"Any luck?" I asked.

"No. Can you help us find her?" She asked.

"Do we have to?" Jessica sighed.

I gave my childhood friend a warning look, causing her to sigh.

Alya decided to check the girls' bathroom while Jessica while Nino and I asked around. I walked up to Juleka and Rose and asked them. They simply shook their heads and bid them goodbye. I caught up with the others.

"No luck." I said.

"Same here." Jessica added.

"Ditto." Nino added.

"Ughh. I hate when she goes AWOL. She's not calling me back! Where is that girl?!" Alya sighed.

"Seriously. My man Adrien's the exact same way. But I guess you gotta be sly when Mr. Control Freak is your daddy-o."Nino added.

"Don't let him hear you say that." I chuckled.

"Anyway, why do you want to talk to Marinette anyway?" Jessica asked.

"I found the real Ladybug. She's a student in our school." Alya said.

"Really!? No way!" Nino gasped.

"This would make the views on the ladyblog go skyhigh!" Alya said with a grin.

"Yeah. And make you a target because you know her. Also, I think you should drop the whole detective act. It's not a good idea to find out who Ladybug is. The same with her allies." I said, crossing my arms.

"I agree. It's not worth it." Jessica added.

"I don't remember asking for your opinion." Alya countered bitterly.

"OK, you two. Chill. Now, back to what you were saying?" I asked. 

"Chloe is Ladybug." Alya said.

I raised an eyebrow while Jessica and Nino laughed.

"Chloe? Seriously? She's too self-absorbed to think of anyone but herself, much less save the world. You are cray-cray, lady!" Nino laughed.

"I'm with Nino on this one. I don't think I can see Ladybug with blonde hair and a ponytail. Also, Chloe would pick a way better outfit than a tight-fitted pair of PJs." Jessica added.

Alya frowned and then looked at me. "What do you think, Kalianna?"

I shook my head in disagreement.

"Sorry, Alya. But, I doubt Chloe is Ladybug. And even if it's true, I still think you should drop the story. It's not going to end well." I said.