Chapter 16: Gloria's Anger (Kitsune)

Gloria POV

After my mother helped me pack a  picnic basket, I placed it into my Vespa. With a sigh, I pulled on my helmet and got on my Vespa.

"Here we go." I mutter and kickstarted my Vespa.

"Hey, Gloria!" A voice called.

I looked to see Nino and Aaron.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" I asked.

"We heard about your dad and wanted to say that we're sorry." Aaron replied.

I smiled. "Thanks, you two. It means a lot."

"And I was wondering if I could come with you and pick his brain about the next movie festival? It's in his honor." Nino added.

"What about class?" I asked.

"I've already told my teachers I'll be late. They'll understand." Nino replied.

I thought about and nodded. "Ok. Hop on."

"Give your dad my regards." Aaron told me.

"Will do." I replied.

And with that, I started up my Vespa and made our way to the hospital.

Timeskip (The Hospital)

As we arrived, Nino and I were escorted to the visitor's room by a nurse.

"He's right over there, dears." the woman gestures to a man with brown hair, brown eyes, and slight stubble on his chin with a well groomed moustache.

"Thank you." I smiled as the nurse left.

Nino gasps excitedly, "It's really him!"

My father, who was looking out of the window, turned to see me, giving me a smile that almost made me tear up.

"Ma belle!"

"Papa!"

I ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

Aaron POV

As I entered the school grounds and noticed everyone was buzzing about not only the new hero, Nightbird, but Gloria as well.  Over the past few months,  Gloria has been making a name for herself.

"I can't believe that Gloria got to meet Prince Ali! She set us up to hang out after I was akumatized!" Rose said to Juleka.

"I'm so jealous! That song that Jagged Stone wrote for that girl who saved him was Glory!" Chloe said to Sabrina.

"Gloria's dad was so cool! Back when he was a director, he knew Steven Spielberg!" Nino said to Kim, Alix and Ryder.

"Heh. Looks like Gloria's popular now." I chuckled.

"So is Nightbird. When are you going to tell Kalianna?" Kraw replied.

"Soon." 

I looked to see Kalianna talking to Jessica. As soon as I arrived, the girls turned to me and asked about my whereabouts.

"Why is everyone talking about Gloria as if she's a celebrity?" Marinette asked as she and Alya entered the building.

Oh God.

"She's been getting a lot of popularity lately. She won the derby hat contest by Gabriel Agreste, designed Jagged Stone's glasses and album cover, her dad was a famous director back in Italy, and her reputation has been booming since the Antibug incident." Alya told her with a bitter tone.

"Not to mention that Aaron's been popular as well. Since his parents were superheroes." Jessica added, nuding me.

"Alright, Jess. Don't rub it in otherwise people are gonna see me as an egotist." I chuckled.