November 1st, 2019

I wake up alone in the bed.

I get up, rubbing my eyes and walk downstairs.

Gator is sitting at the table, talking to his dad, holding a vape.

"Jesus Gator, stop with that sissy shit. If you're gonna smoke, smoke cigarettes, like a real man." He says.

I sneak back upstairs and get ready, putting on a black dress with a black sweater on over and my combat boots. As I'm lacing up my boots, Gator walks in.

"They found her." He says.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Hospital, with Wayne." He says, handing me a plaid jacket.

"Thanks." I say.

"Hey uh I don't really want to talk about last night... Okay?" He says, quietly.

"Yeah, okay." I say.

"But uh... Thank you." He says.

I nod my head.

"Alright, let's move." He says, and I follow him down the stairs, grabbing a piece of toast on the way out.

We get in the truck of Bowman- Roy's right hand man.

Gator's in the passenger seat and I'm in the back with 2 dudes.

We ride in silence to the hospital and when we arrive Gator gets a call.

"Talk to me." He says.

"Yeah, we're going with plan b, take the husband." I hear Roy's voice say. My blood runs cold.

"Yes." "Yes!" Gator says, hitting the car.

"Pass me to Bowman." Roy says.

"I dont-" Gator starts to say.

"Pass me to Bowman." Roy repeats.

"You didn't have to send him to babysit me." Gator says.

"Just give him the damn phone." Roy says, angrily.

Gator passes Bowman the phone.

Roy's talking is indistinct now.

Bowman hands Gator the phone back.

"What'd he say?" Gator asks.

"You stay here." Bowman tells him.

Thank god, helping Wayne will be a lot easier now.

"I'm the law." Gator says, protesting.

We get out of the car and walk into the Hospital.

I catch a glimpse of Nadine as we walk up to the front desk but by the looks on their faces, the rest of the crew didn't see her.

I nod my head at her, beckoning her to get out of there.

"I'm looking for Wayne Lyon." Bowman says.

I see Dot escape into the elevator as Bowman says "hold it!" But the door closes before he can get in. That was a close call.

We make our way up the stairs, to the third floor. Suddenly my phone rings. It's Gator.

"Hold on, guys." I say stepping aside to answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"FBI! FBI! They're here." He says.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

"Get out of there, I'm on my way." He says.

"No, Gator, stay in the car, I'll take care of this." I say before hanging up. Too late. Gator comes out of the elevator.

I look around for the crew but they've already gone into the room marked "Wayne Lyon"

"No no no no no." I mutter before the door opens and the man they have is definitely not Wayne.

I was about to say something but decided to keep quiet. I don't know his story but I know Nadine's and she's been through enough already so I won't say anything.

Gator gives Nadine a look as he walks past her.

"You were supposed to stay in the truck." Bowman says as Gator walks up to him.

"FBI's here, look who they're talking to." Gator tells him.

"Doesn't matter, we got the husband. Had to tenderize him. What an asshole." Bowman tells him.

"Let's go." Bowman says and we walk back into the elevator with the unconscious man.

Gator shushes Nadine as the doors close.

My heart is pounding out of my chest. Why was the FBI here? What's going to happen to the man they think is Wayne? How can I help her?