November 3rd, 2019

I woke up, Gator still lying on me. I rubbed my eyes a bit and he started to wake up.

"How did you sleep?" I ask him.

"Pretty well considering." He says.

"How are you feelin'?" I ask him.

"I don't really know honestly, still in shock a bit I think." He tells me.

"I don't really want to think about it honestly." He says.

"Okay, we don't have to talk about it right now." I tell him.

"Birdie, can I tell you something?" He asks.

"Yeah, of course, anything." I say.

"I think I love you." He says.

My mouth falls open. Wow, that was fast.

"You think?" I tease.

"I do, I love you." He says. I pause.

"I love you too." I tell him. It was true. I've loved him for years, we were always meant to be together. I wish I had seen it sooner.

He gives me a quick kiss and we get up. I get dressed in jeans, a flannel, my boots and Gator's black jacket. He's wearing his leather jacket, grey shirt, and camo pants with his boots. We head downstairs and Gator's phone rings.

"It's my dad." He says, answering.

"Hey." He says.

"I'm at the hospital, I've got her." I overhear.

My heart skips a beat.

"Nadine?" Gator asks.

"Yeah, get down here." Roy says.

He hangs up.

"Let's go." Gator says, and I follow him.

We get in his car and drive to the hospital. I want to say something to him about Nadine. It would really help to have him on our side. Nadine's smart though, maybe she'll get out before we even get there.

We get to the hospital and I see a cop talking to Nadine. Gator walks up to him with 2 others from the crew trying to be intimidating.

"Surprise." Gator says to Witt.

While Gator and Roy aren't looking, I give Nadine a concerned wink to let her know I'm on her side.

Witt takes a step back.

"This is all just... A bit of silliness. I'm fine. Really. Thank you..." Nadine says walking over to Witt. "...for your kind offer. Go home, please." She lowers her voice to a whisper. "Tell Wayne I'll be there soon." She finishes.

"Time to go." Gator says, pushing Witt.

Witt knocks Gator's hand off. Good, someone needs to put him in his place.

"Don't touch me." He tells Gator.

Gator chuckles. "Ooh. He's sensitive. Careful, boys. I think he's on his period today." Gator says. I feel rage bubbling inside of me. What the hell is wrong with him?

Witt cocks his gun.

"Roy." Nadine says. "If you hurt him, I won't come." Roy puts a hand on Nadine's shoulder.

"We're leaving." He orders Gator.

"Sorry" I mouth to Witt as Gator outs his arm around me, walking me out.

We drive home quietly.