The Eye of Horus

Jade pov:

Once i get done with attaching my weapons to my widow suit i head towards to where i said i will meet them.

I see them in the distance.

"Sorry i took so long." I apologize.

"It's fine." Layla says while strapping me in the harness . She finished with my harness so she moves onto Steven's.

"I have to say, i feel like i've been waiting my whole life. The adventure, I mean." Steven corrects him self so it does not sound wrong meanwhile i am trying not listen to them and i know they are going to start flirting.

"I know, we all want what we never had." Layla says.

"Yeah." Steven agrees.

"You smell like him." Layla says randomly but i knew something like that was coming it is like i don't exist anymore.

"I mean why wouldn't you." She chuckles to her self for a second,

"Yeah." Steven says.

As soon as they are about to kiss Steven says something.

"Marc's trying to protect you from Khonshu." Steven blurts out randomly.

"What?" Layla asks.

"That's why he's been pushing you away he thinks Khonshu wants you as his avatar and he won't let that happen. I'm sorry, i just felt like you should know, sorry." Steven says.

"Why are you telling me this now?" Layla asks.

"I don't know i just thought you deserved to know." Steven says but sounds more like a question's.

I go down into the cave before i hear anything else because it just turned awkward and weird. After a couple of minute's Layla comes down and looks around then writes something on a statue before steven falls down.

I walk up to him "Are you okay?" I ask him.

"I'm aces." Steven says while standing up and wiping the dust off him.

"I wish you too haven't seen that." He looks over Layla's shoulder. "Oh look at you." He says.

Layla was blushing before she realized he was talking about the statues.

"Oh yeah, gorgeous aren't they?" Layla says trying to make up for the mistake she made.

"They've just look like they have been standing guard for centuries right? Look, i can't even , like, if they sprang to life right now and asked me a riddle for a passage, i'd be thrilled, id shit my self but i'd be thrilled." Steven says.

He sees Layla's marking.

"What's this? Did you guys do that?" He asks us.

"What, oh i did that it's for my father he would have loved to be here." Layla says.

"Oh yeah, big history buff is he?" Steven asks.

"So much worse an Archaeologist on a mission." Layla says.

"Cool" Steven responds.

"And to him it was a dream worth dying for and he did." She says and i wince at that.

"Oh...um i am sorry." Steven says.

"Yeah no it's fine really it happens." Layla says but i can tell that his death still has a empact on her.

"I bet he would be positively beaming with you in the proof of it." Steven says.

"Yeah, i think so." She says.

"We should move on." I said.

"Yeah, lets go." Layla says.

We move on to see that it is a maze like structure.

"It's a maze." Layla points out.

"It's a maze-ing." Steven says.

"Okay don't start flirting again i am sick of it. Anyways she means it has six points," I said.

"Yeah, Right six points. this whole thing is a structure" Steven says walk to the table thing and starts writing on it.

"The eye of Horus." Layla says as she sees the finished drawing of it.