Punishment

"But I don't want too." Violet whined. "Vi, if you don't, I'm going to have to punish you." Henry said sternly. Henry had asked Violet to help with setting the table for dinner, but she was preoccupied with playing with her dolls. "Can't Hector help, though?" Violet insisted on staying in her room. "Violet, I'm going to count to five, and if you're not out there helping your brothers by the time I get to five I'm going to have to punish you. One." Henry's voice was loud. "Two." "Three." Violet tried to tempt fate. "Four." She contemplated getting up, but it was too late. "Five. Alright, Violet, you chose this." Henry walked over and picked her up. "No! No!" She pleaded. "I'll go help!" Tears started to form in her eyes, as she desperately tried to stop what was coming. "Violet, if I let you get away with disobedience, you're never going to learn." Henry's voice sounded dreadful, he didn't want to do this but she needed to learn. He sat down on her bed, before laying her over his knee. He pulled down her jersey shorts, to expose her pink pull up, before raised his hand and.

*Bam!*

    Even with the pull up padding her bum, it was still very painful.

*Bam!*

    The second wack hurt more than the first.

*Bam!*

    Violet tried to look tough in front of her brother, but she couldn't hold back her tears anymore. She buried her face into Henry's neck and began sobbing. "I know, honey, I know." Henry's voice wasn't angry anymore, it was soft, and caring. Violet couldn't stop crying, her butt hurt so bad from the spankings. Henry rubbed her back, to try and sooth her. "Shh, shh. It's over." Henry pulled her shorts back up over her pull up. "I didn't want to do that." Henry stroked her hair. "Then why did you?" She looked him in the eye, her face still red from crying. "Because, if I didn't punish you, you would never learn. You need to have discipline." Henry's voice was soft as silk. Violet sniffled a bit. "What's discipline?" "It's when you're able to do something when I ask you to do it. We're a family, we need to work together to make this house work, and you may be little, but you need to do your part too, peanut." Henry smiled, lovingly. Violet cracked a small grin back. "Can you go set the table now, Vi?" "Yes, Henry." She hopped off his lap and went to help her brothers.

   "You ok?" William and Glen both tried consoling Violet with pity. "Yes, she's fine. I didn't hit her that hard." Henry said, as he continued to help prepare dinner. "Violet, can you put these plates on the table, please?" Glen asked, as he handed her a stack of six plates. She walked out to dining room with the heavy load. She heaved the plates up onto the table, and began putting one in each spot, trying her hardest to center them. "Good job, Vi." William smiled, as he set the silverware. He gave a fork to everyone and a knife to everyone except Violet, before helping Glen with drinks and other stuff. "Ok, dinner is ready." Henry said, as he helped serve the hot food. "Looks good, Henry." Hector complimented. "Yes it does." William agreed. Just then, the front door opened, as Carter returned from work. "Carter!" Violet ran over, and leapt into his open arms. "Hey, princess. Did you behave yourself today?" He asked, as hugged her tight. Violet bit her lip, not wanting to answer. "She put up a fuss about helping set the table, but she was fine beyond that." Henry said, as he helped his other three brothers with dinner. Carter looked at her. "Violet." He said in a serious tone. "Don't worry, she learned her lesson." Henry calmed him. Violet nodded to affirm. "Okay, but if I hear of any more poor behavior from you." Carter warned. "Sorry, Carter." She was adorable, Carter couldn't help but soften up to her. "Alright, go eat." Carter set her down, as she took off to the bathroom.