The light you shine

"Are we sure he will be there tonight?" Selene asks the one who is putting on her dark purple dress. I flutter my white eyelashes. I am nervous to see him again, he is always so beautiful, how could I measure up to his shine. His power. He is the one people love, he is a muse to a hundred artists and a source of life to thousands. He is so much more than I could ever be, sometimes I feel like I am only a reflection of his power. But do I even care? Every time he asks me to dance. the butterflies will flutter again, my heart will start to race again as I put my hand in his. I don't know why but every waking minute of my life I wish for that dance. I wish for his warm touch, his soft touch. I close my eyes as I put on my silver crown with stars in it. Aelius, I am counting on you to be here.

My presence is announced by the people in the ballroom as I walk down the gigantic stairs which are completely silver. I smile as the people look at me with wonder in their eyes. The citizen of both our kingdoms are waiting for our inevitable dance. I look at the golden door on the other side of the ballroom. I frown, do I see that correctly? Is the door slightly ajar.

"She doesn't even like me!" I say trying to prevent myself to hyperventilate. "I promise she likes you Aelius" My servan says. "But what if she doesn't" I scream in his face while shaking him. I comb my hand through my hair. I am so nervous, I feel a golden tear fall. "Prince Aelius, you are a perfect gentlemen. Of course she will like you." "But she is more perfect. I say while looking through the little opening of the door. She has come through the door already. I feel my mouth curl into a smile. Why does she make me smile? My eyes meet hers. I immediately close the door again. I put on my golden bracelets and my crown, it is beautiful, it is gold and resembles rays. I put it on and look at myself in the mirror. Go on Aelius, they're waiting for you

My presence is announced by my servants. I walk off of the golden stairs on my side of the ballroom. The other one is made especially for her and her people. This one is mine. But I do not have the heart to think selene might never be able to follow me on these steps. I want her to follow me. I smile as my gaze meets Selene's. She bows. I bow to her too, she is so elegant, as if she is carried by a hundred feathers. I have waited for this for months. Every second I am thinking about her. Hoping I can see her while it is dusk.

As always he looks more beautiful than I could ever look. I understand why he is so popular everywhere he comes. The crown on his head shines just as bright as his tanned skin and honey golden eyes where I will drown in if I am not careful. He smile, he has such perfect white teeth. His beautiful fiery golden hair is hanging on his shoulder as if it would rather float. His golden robe is beautiful it look almost like a nightsky but than slightly see through and gold. I look down, and what am I wearing, the most normal purple dress in the world. This boy deserves something more than something as insignificant as I am.

How perfect she is I think as I look at her beautiful silver hair and white skin, everything about her is etched in my mind. She looks so cold in only that beautiful dress that beautifully hugs her body, The body of a goddes.s I want to warm her with my light. I look into her beautiful silver eyes, moonpools that could drown me and I would not even mind. I smile as I look at her in the beautiful dark purple dress. She looks like she has been kissed by the universe. Her face is so pearly white, she doesn't have the imperfection of freckles I have. Selene I remeber every single time I have seen you in these kind of dresses. You are always beautiful and every time I want to say it. But if I say it I know there is so much more chance I lose you. But deep down I know I love you my moon. I extend my hand. "Princess Selene, may I have the pleasure to dance with you." "Certainly" She says with a smile.

The two heavenly bodies of the sun and the moon swayed with the music. Both of their long hair floating in the nothingness of the universe. The stairs and clouds looking at their dance with envy in their hearts. Their masters were so in love but how could they ever be. Can they ever be? That is what the pair asked themselves as they started to float through the sky of the ballroom. For this once during the solar eclipse they could be together. They curse the universe for keeping them apart. They would be prepared to let it collapse only to feel the other at all times. They want to sleep next to eachother, they want to brush their lips together in a harmony of love, they want to know what the other sounds like when angry or sad. They want them, everything, the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly. They would give everything for the other. But the rules of the universe apply to everyone even gods and planets. So in a few hours aelius will be daydreaming about her and Selene will be bitterly crying about him. So let the sunrays crashing themselves into the world in hope of hurting themselves and watch the stars weep. Watch the waves roar and the heat scorch. Because love is cruel and it is the most beautiful feeling in the world but it also all destroying. So let me ask this for Aelius and selene both: dear Love, Why?

This book is about the sun and moon who are hopelessly in love. I want to explore feeling of not measuring up, heartbreak, too different to belong and more. I really want to explore the feelings of Selene and Aelius more.