Am I a good person?

"Adeon. Please tell me I am a good person." I say. Adeon look at his kingdom. The dark green hills of his destiny. "Adeon....please" He doesn't respond. I know what that means as I fall on my knees. I feel the bitter tears in my eye. "I have only done the things they told me. I was following orders." I say, begging him to say anything. But all he does I look at the stars. His silver hair is beautiful in the silver light of the moon. His scar is appearent as it cuts through his right eye colouring it it's strange milky gray colour.

I know that he is crying I understand the way he is holding his head up, trying to look arrogant but he is deeply hurt. How could he not be. "Adeon, please tell me I am a good person." He looks at me, his beautifully silver hair tightly pushed back and almost shines exactely like his armour. The one strand that never does what it was planned to do is hanging in front of him face. "Please Adeon I want to know this before I go." He looks at me, his eyes are so sad. It feels like a dagger has hit my heart. "Cadogan, You used to be so kind." He looks at me as he softly touches my cheek. "I want to know what was real" My eyes widen. "Everything." He smiles. "I wish I could believe that Cadogan." He takes the crown from his head and walks up to me.

"My father once said that a king knows when to abandon it's crown." I look at him. "You are not following your best friend into this war" I say while grabbing his hand. He smiles and kisses me. "You can prove that you are a good person Cadogan." He whispers. My eyes are crying but I am so angry. He cannot go into war as a king. They need a leader. "They need you. You need to lead." "That is exactely what I will be doing there." He grabs his crown and holds it above my head. I shake my head, my dark locks obscuring my eyes.

"I cannot lead" "Than you will have to learn, it is only till I return. You can prove your worth. You have always served me and now you need to learn to serve a country." "You are the king! You cannot do this!" I say desperately. "I am king and that is precisely why I can do this." I look at him as he puts the heavy silver crown on my head. "You shall prove your worth to me Cadogan." He puts his hand on my shoulder. "You shall serve us. you shall be a good person." He lifts my chin. I look into his eyes, one grey and the other as green as the  beautiful rolling green hills.

Power corrupts. I know that all too well. I have sat on this throne my whole life I wonder how he will do on the throne. But I have absolute faith in him. "Please don't go." He says as he looks at me. I turn around. "There is no need to worry. The only way they could kill me is my back. They won't be able to even know of reach it." I say. "Write me everytime you plan to go to a battlefield." "I'll make it home safely" Say while wiping away his tear.

 I feel myself panicking while everything around me is burning and fighting. I am used to it but it still hurts to feel all these souls leaving the battlefield. My sword doesn't even shine anymore, it is worn out and tired just like I am. I am tired, We have won. We are all tired. I am only waiting for that moment, when will it come? Was my dream not right? Have I misintepreted it? Did I do all this for nothing? I the world really this useless?

han i feel the sword piercing my back. I smile. "Hello Cairn." My best friend and the leader of the war. the one who should be on my side. I smile. "I thought my dream was wrong. But it seems I really am too trusting."  "I do not want to do this Adeon but you left me no choice! You will not get to rule both your fathers and my father's land!" I smile. If he only knew how wrong he is. But I won't tell him. "If you saw it in a dream. Why are you still here?" He asks. Clearly confused.

I look at the ground. "We cannot run from our fate, we cannot change it, we can only put it off. And that sometimes does not even work. I will not run from a coward. Somebody who cannot look it's victim in the eye while you are killing him." "I am not a coward/" He screams angrily. "Seems like somebody is huffy today!" I say while laughing. "Why won't you just shut up?" He asks. "Die already!" He screams.

"I am bleeding out Cairn. I will not die quickly" I say while turning around. "I would strongly advice that you go now. Somebody is coming for me and if he sees you you will be dead in the next minute." "Who? " He says with a frown as if he is frightened of my while I am already laying here, slowly dying on the hard rocks. "You will never know" I say and I spit in his face.

I find him, bleeding out on the ground. "You promised you would come back!" I scream as I start to weep. I cradle his body. "Cadogan." I hear very softly. I look at his face. He opens his eyes, and puts his hand on my face. "Beware of Cairn, he is not your friend. You have my blessing to serve the people, it is in the vault. You know how to open it." He says as he gives me the necklace with his holy ruby. I nod. Cairn, I immediately know what he mean......that man will burn in hell if I need to drag him there myself. He coughs up blood. I wipe away the red fluid and look deep his beautiful hair. "You promised." I whisper. "You knew didn't you? You lied." I say with tears in my eyes. "You are a good person Cadogan." He whispers. "Cadogan......" "Yes?" "Am I a good person?" His whole body relaxes. He is dead...... I kiss the inside of his hand. "The best." I say while holding his hand against my cheek.

So I do have a book planned about this but I do not know how to describe it without too much spoilers.