The beauty of silence

There were exactely 608932 gods and selans was the only one who wasn't able to talk. Selans didn't mind, he was okay as long as he was in his castle in the sky molding the appearance of every human personally by hand. Selans admires humans more than anybody. His big indigo eyes focused as he carves the beauty of every person that will ever walk earth. His dark brows furrowed as he arranges the perfect imperfections. Selans is also the reason why your name will always fit with you as he carves your name to be in your foot before sending you down. And you will slowly grow into the beautiful statue he has made for you. And he will be content with that.

He doesn't need to talk to other Gods as they fear him. Because he controls what they will look like too. He could rip off your arm if you anger him. He could even smash your statue, resulting in your untimely death. And because even Gods are not perfect he sometimes drops a perfectly innocent statue, resulting in the unfortunate death of a human.

Selans like soltitude he knows that. He likes everything about the fact that he is alone with all his statues. Today is just another day for Selans, or at least that is what he thought when he started working on his new statue, a boy named with a greek name. He reads the card, he should be exceptionally beautiful, will later become some kind of artist, selans smiles and begins to hum as he starts to carve. The only way he can make sound. When he steps back he drops his tools.

There where my statue is supposed to stand is standing only the face of the most beautiful person I have ever seen. He is more beautiful than beauty himself. How is it possible that I have made this. He makes me want to speak, ask his name. I want to put his soul in him so I can keep him here for myself. I look into the white eyes of the marble. I touch the cold cheek of the statue. I walk away, I do not need to fall in love with my own creation. It is dangerous, it is reckless, and beside that. Humans like to talk. I cannot satisfy his needs even if I were to keep him here. He would feel trapped. I am a God, he is human. That is not good. It shan't be. I am not allowed. I close the doors of my studio. I will clear my mind and go on with my work after I have slept.

I wake up bright and early and open all the curtains. Another day another attitude my father used to say. I open the doors to my sunlit studio. I am overwhelmed with this strange feeling in my heart. A feeling I do not know, it is a feeling of longing. It is the feeling of.....love. I curse the godess of love, she has always been cruel. But can I blame her, all gods have been cruel. Even I have been, I know that all too well. I take a deep breath and start to carve the rest of him. He slowly becomes more and more enchanting, even though I try my best to give him more and more imperfection his face hides them or it fits perfectly with him. He is too beautiful. Why is he so beautiful?  I think when I finish him. I place my hand on his cheek again and I now know that I have fallen in love with him. I know it too well. I curse myself while I bring my face dangerously close to his. I feel my warm lips brushing his extremely cold lips in a tender caress. 

I curse myself as I try to think of a name which would suit him. I smile and carve the name ADONIS in the bottom of his foot. He is ready for earth. But instead of putting him in the room with all the statues that are ready I leave him in my studio. I am not quite ready to say goodbye to him yet. And I might have the frail and foolish hope to wake up tomorrow and find him. Alive.

I am drinking a glass of nectar as I enter the studio. My eyes widen. "Ah, you must be the owner of this home." The sultry voice that sounds like ashes mixe with bittersweet honey and desire asks. It belongs to the statue, that is walking around the studio. "May I ask for clothes?" I nod and quickly grab the first piece of fabric I see and fasten it with a belt and a clip. He smiles, I close my eyes such a blinding smile. It is too beautiful, I think with tears in my eyes. I hate that I love this person while I am not supposed to know him. I twirl the golden curl around my finger as I look at his face which is still the colour of marble. He smiles, his deep hazel eyes seem like a forest gifted with too much sunlight for something earthly. As I step too close to him I smell that he smells of citrus: orange and a hint of the fresh sea wind. His presence moves me to tears. I hate that humans are so beautiful.

I smile at the beautiful person standing in front of me. His tanned skinned is beautiful but seems foreign as I look at my white skin. His indigo eyes are so beautiful and look perpetually sad. "What is you name?" I ask. "I am Adonis" I say while shaking his hand. He signs at his mouth and shakes his head "Don't you speak" He nods. "Oh, I am sorry" I say as I sit down. He signs something, he is holding his finger in front of his lips. "Is that you name?" I ask, He nods excitingly. "Is your name Sound? Talk? quiet?" He nods. "Quiet?" He shakes his head. "Silence" He nods. "Nice to meet you dear Silence" I say. I look at him, he looks so beautiful in his break robe as he is making statues. I feel a burning in my heart, as he slowly makes the statues and I see his sculpted bicep flex.

Adonis has been with me for a few weeks I am surprised I have not been punished yet by the other Gods. I hav been teaching how to sculpt, he is the first person who has ever made an effort to try to talk with me. Altough I still can't produce any real words I can produce certain sounds. We are both sculpting when there is a bright white light appears. I look at Adonis as he gets pulled into it. I grab his hand. I hear a crack. He cannot go. He will not go to earth please do not do this to me!! But I cannot hold onto his hand and as it slowly slips out of my hand I speak my first conclusive word. I know my tears will never cease again. "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I Do not know a lot about myself. I do not have parents. I do not have family. I was never born, the only thing I know about myself is my name, his face and how to sculpt and carve. And that is what I do with my life. I know what I have seen, I know I still have a scar where the crack from his hand was, I know that I was once made out of marble I still have that crack and I am grateful for it. It is my only evidence of him. And now I am creating his imagine here on earth, I will never forget his face. Every evening I need to dry the eyes of my masterpiece, and as my lips brush his they feel a little warmer than in the morning. I wonder if he checks up on me through it. I am famous because of my art. But the most curious thing people think about me is the fact that I do not talk. I never speak a word, except to my Silence, Selans.

This is a book based on pygmalion but I really would love to have a book where they could maybe reunite and see how the gods there work and why there are so many. Why selans cannot speak and if Adonis will truly never speak outside of the conversations he has with selans statue