Chapter 11

I had to do a liiiitle bit of a time skip cause I didn't think it would make much sense if things just started happening so fast, and I also didn't want to write every single day of all the months, cause that would be so boring lol

Thank you for all the comments <3

January fades into February, then February into March, in the blink of an eye. Some days, Chloe and I sit with Ash, Dawn and the others. Other days, we sit with Misty, Brock and Tracey. Either way I'm happy, but if I'm being honest, I'm always happiest when I'm around Ash.

I still tutor him twice a week, and watch as his grades go up and up. He's smarter than I gave him credit for when he tries, and he's athletic, too. I never paid much attention to him in gym class before this year, but now it's hard to tear my eyes away from him.

When we're done with tutoring, we usually hang out. On weekdays, this mostly consists of watching TV or playing video games. Most weekends, we hang out, either with Dawn and Chloe or by ourselves. One weekend, despite the freezing cold, Ash and I go on a picnic to the park, with food mostly made by Delia. Another weekend, we all go bowling, which Ash is annoyingly good at too. Towards the end I see him start to go easy on us, but he still wins.

Sometimes it's hard not to wonder how Gary feels about us hanging out like this, but it's no different to hanging out with other friends, is it? Except to me, it is. It makes me feel a little guilty when my heart skips a beat, when his skin touches mine and I clam up, feeling little electric shocks. He belongs to someone else, and it's only me making this weird, but I can't stop now, and as more time passes, I fall deeper and deeper into this hole I've dug for myself.

Everything would almost be perfect, if I could just ignore the fact that they're together. That, and the nasty messages that keep getting left in my locker. They started a month ago, and happen every other week. At first, I tried to ignore them. But they've started to get under my skin. It's clear that whoever it is doesn't know me that well, because their first note threatened to out me, which I laughed at. I showed Chloe it and she laughed too. But then the next one was personal- and mentioned Tokio. That one, I hid in my bag and threw it in the trash at home. Every single one since I've hidden from everyone, afraid for some reason that they might laugh at me too.

It's mid-March, and a Thursday, when I open my locker and another one drifts to the floor. I lean and snatch it up before Chloe or Dawn notice, but they're too distracted with one another anyway, so I turn away from them and unfold it, my eyes scanning quickly across it. I usually speed-read them, then forget about them until it's time to throw them out, but this one makes me pause. As I read it, my stomach sinks further and further until I put my hand out to steady myself on my locker.

Tokio cheated on you with me, it says, right at the bottom. He told me all sorts of things that you told him. Things like-

I scrunch the note up into a ball in my trembling hand. I don't need to read on to know it's the truth, because the next line was a personal insecurity of mine that I trusted Tokio with. Which means he did most likely cheat on me, too.

"Goh? What's wrong?" Dawn says from behind me. For a second I close my eyes and take a deep breath through my nose to steady myself. I make myself smile.

"Nothing," I say as I turn around.

"We were just saying we might marathon the Harry Potter movies tonight," Chloe says, clutching her books to her chest. "Wanna join in?"

"I can't, I have to tutor Ash."

"Aw, so he can't come either?" Dawn pouts. "Can't you just do it tomorrow?"