Chapter 21

**Hi! I know this is a little abrupt, but this is the final chapter in this fic. I didn't want to drag it on for too long, so I let it come to a natural conclusion. Still, this is my longest satogou fic so far! :3 Hope you all enjoyed it <3**

Hours pass, and soon the grandfather clock in Serena's entranceway is chiming ten. I haven't seen Quill since he cornered me outside, and Ash hasn't mentioned it, or their earlier conversation. Misty has been hanging out with Gary for the most part, but no one even seems to have noticed their closeness but me.

Harley's intercepted me for a conversation that is mostly him just talking about nothing but himself, and is so draining that by the time I manage to get away from him, I feel like I need air again. I know Ash is with Dawn and Chloe somewhere, and decide I'll find them after I head outside, just for a minute.

When I step outside, I'm alone this time. I take a deep breath and follow the stone path around the side of the house, just in case someone sees me from the kitchen and decides to come join me. I lean against the cool wall and check my phone, but of course no one's text me when everyone I know is at this party with me.

I'm about to head back inside to find Ash, when I hear the door open, and peer around the corner.

"Okay, what's this about?" I hear Gary ask, and the door closes behind them. I slowly take a step back, hiding in the shadows.

"I need to be sure we're alone," Quill replies, and for a moment I hold my breath, thinking he's going to come around the corner and see me here, lurking. I'm not even sure why I'm lurking. Maybe I should just pretend I didn't hear them and-

"It's about Goh," Quill says again, and my breath catches. Now, I'm on high alert, and reach out to steady myself on the wall, leaning as far as I can to the corner without letting them see me.

"Okay," Gary says hesitantly. "What about him?"

"He stole your boyfriend, didn't he? When we first met, you told me you had a boyfriend, and now Goh's dating him."

"I don't know what you're getting at," Gary says coldly.

"Doesn't that make you mad?" Quill asks. My face scrunches in confusion. I don't understand- is he trying to turn Gary against me again? What does he gain from that?

"Ash made his decision, so no. Honestly, I deserved it."

"But you've changed. Ash would like you a lot better now," Quill argues. I feel my stomach sink right down to the floor, and my fingers dig into the brick wall. I don't like this at all. That's my boyfriend he's talking about. He may have been Gary's once, but now he's mine, and my body wants to storm around the corner, but I stop it.

"No offence, Quillon, but how is this any of your business?" Gary asks. I let myself peer around the corner again, and see he's crossed his arms, frowning.

"We could help each other," Quill replies. "They haven't been together long, right? It shouldn't be too hard to split them up."

I feel my knees weaken underneath me and put a hand over my mouth. So, that's where he was going with it. He wants Ash and I to split up so... what? Gary can have Ash again? And...

Gary laughs, the sound piercing through the otherwise quiet night. "You're joking, right?"

"No. Think about it. I'll make some sort of move, and then you can be there to comfort Ash when he's hurt."

There's a pause. My breathing is ragged against my palm, and I can only pray they won't hear me. A moment later, Gary speaks again. "Oh my God. You want Goh, don't you?"