Chapter 3

Previously

" Is that clear?" Satotz threatened. "Of course." Hisoka replied. Satotz then explained what the ape dude was trying to do. With that wrapped up, we began the treturous run through the swamp.

Time skip brought to you by-

We are now skipping to the fight with Hisoka in the swamp

Just as we found Mr. Oreo fighting Illumis boy toy, Gon intervened. I'm staying out of this for now, guess I'll just stay sitting on this tree branch then. "Not bad, little boy. Is that a fishing pole? How original." Hisoka stated while walking closer to Gon. Then after a few more words, the real fight started.

When Hisoka started to get creepy, I mentally prepared to step in if needed. When Hisoka began to choke Gon I tensed, but Hisoka gave me a brief glance signaling that he didn't plan on killing Gon. So I merely rushed over to Leorio as a means to get closer without provoking him.

When he had finally let Gon go, there was a beeping sound. He looked at some phone looking thing. A man spoke over the phone, it sounded like one of Illumis fake identities voice. I gave Hisoka a questioning look mouthing "Lumi" without a sound Hisoka merely winked as conformation and continued talking to Gon.

I moved away from Leorio when Hisoka went to pick him up. Looking back at Gon asking "Can you find your own way back?" When Gon nodded, Hisoka turned to me with a smile. He said "Would you like to join me, or are you still entertained by this group?" I now knew Lumi was with him, no way in hell was I not going to take the chance to see him.

"I'll go with you, but first." I stopped, turning to Gon. "Tell the others I'll join y'all again soon. I'm sorry, but I have some business to take care of." Gon nodded silently, still shaken up. I patted Gon on the head and walked over to Hisoka, motioning for him to take the lead.

As we were walking, Hisoka started to speak to me. "I hope you know that if you blow his cover he'll be pissed, he'd probably give you silent treatment too." Tch, of course I knew that. "I'm well aware, I'll pretend to be teaming up with you and you went to introduce me to him. That sound okay?"

"What would I get in return for helping you though?" This bastard! "I'll spar with you later?" Hisoka stopped and thought for a second. "How about instead, you help me in the next part of the exam? I have a feeling it'll be interesting."

He doesn't want or need my help, he just wants to make things more difficult for me. Oh well, for Illumi I'll do it. "Fine, but I will NOT step too far out of my comfort zone." Hisoka merely sighed and replied with "That's good enough." We got there and sat Leorio down against a tree.

"Let's wait for Gon to get here, it'll give people enough time to stop staring at us." I suggested, knowing it'd piss Lumi off if everyone was staring when we were 'introduced' to each other. He agreed. However I had no clue it'd take Gon as long as it did to get here. Gon, followed by Pika, had gotten to the second phase just slightly before it started.