Continuum

Eventually Mike did fall asleep, Vanessa wanted to make him more comfortable, but she wasn't sure if William would allow her to bring anything down into the basement.

So she decided to leave him alone for now, letting him get any semblance of rest.

Vanessa left the basement, and decided to cook some soup. Mike hadn't eaten, if William wanted to keep him alive then Vanessa was sure he would allow her to feed Mike.

She finished cooking the soup, and returned to the basement. Surprisingly Mike was awake.

He was still lying on the floor, on his side. His eyes looked up at her.

"Are you able to eat?" Vanessa asked. Mike didn't respond.

Vanessa sat down in front of him.

"Are you able to sit up?" Vanessa asked, probably not, but that didn't stop Mike from trying.

He tried pushing up with his bandaged arm, which irritated the wounds which caused Mike to fall back on the floor. Vanessa helped him up, carefully grabbing him by his front shoulders and carefully pushing him up in a sitting position.

"Are you ok?" Vanessa asked, making sure he wouldn't fall over once she let his shoulder go. Mike nodded.

"I made some soup, I know you probably couldn't eat anything heavy. Is that ok?" Vanessa asked. Mike looked at the soup.

"Cambell?" Mike silently asked.

"Yes." Vanessa answered. Mike smiled a little.

"Abby loves Campbell soup." Mike said.

"I'm sure she does. Will you be able to eat some soup?" Vanessa asked. Mike nodded.

Vanessa carefully raised the bowl to Mike's mouth, he took small sips.

"I also brought some water, if you like some." Vanessa said.

"Thank you." Mike said. Vanessa shook her head no.

"Don't thank me, I don't deserve to be thanked for this." Vanessa.

"But you do, I understand now. William is a bad man, I can't imagine having to live with him your entire life." Mike said.

"It was nothing compared to what you're having to go through." Vanessa said.

Mike seemed to be in thought.

"It's just going to get worse from here, isn't it?" Mike asked.

"I wish I could say this was the worst of it." Vanessa said. Mike sighed.

It was quiet for a second. Then a thought quickly flashed through his mind.

"How long have I been gone?" Mike asked.

"Almost three days." Vanessa answered. Mike looked worried.

"My aunt, she's going to use this opportunity to get custody of Abby." Mike said.

"Is that a bad thing?" Vanessa asked.

"Yes, she only cares about the monthly check shall receive from the state. She won't love Abby." Mike said. Vanessa frowned. Of all the things Mike could have worried about, not what his next punishment could be, not what heinous thing William was thinking about doing to him, not if he was even going to get to live tomorrow.

He was worried about his baby sister.

"I'm sure she'll be ok, if you want me to check up on her If you want me to." Vanessa said.

"How will you do that?" Mike asked.

"I already checked in on her and Max before when you went missing." Vanessa explained. Mike looked confused, right, he doesn't know that she's a cop.