Freedom

Abby was in school, her day was going well so far. But what had gotten her worried was her teacher telling her that she needed to go to the principal's office, and to bring her stuff.

Abby wasn't sure what she had done wrong, she hadn't gotten into any fight. So why was she being called into the principal's office?

When she entered the office, Vanessa was waiting there for her.

"Hi Vanessa, what are you doing here?" Abby said. Vanessa smiled at her.

"I have some good news." Vanessa said.

"What?" Abby asked, with hopes that it was something she had been wanting to hear for the past few days.

"Max and Jeff found Mike, he's at the hospital right now. He wants to see you." Vanessa said.

Abby couldn't help but feel like crying, she had missed her brother greatly. Even more so after people kept telling her that he was dead.

"Can we go now?" Abby asked, feeling anticipation.

"We sure can." Vanessa said.

Abby was checked out, and they headed to Vanessa's car. While they were driving to the hospital, Abby asked some questions.

"Where was he?" Abby asked.

"Where you suspected he might be, trapped in Steve Raglan's house." Vanessa answered.

"I was right?" Abby asked.

"You were." Vanessa said.

"Did they catch him?" Abby asked, referring to 'Steve'.

"Not yet, but they're looking." Vanessa replied.

"Good." Abby said.

They arrived at the hospital, and met with Max and Jeff in the waiting room. Then Abby was led to where Mike's room was.

Upon entering the room, Mike's eyes lit up. Abby ran to Mike, hugging him tightly.

Miked hugged her with his free hand.

"I missed you so much." Abby said.

"I missed you too." Mike said.

They continued to hug, then they parted. They decided to talk.

"So have you started school yet?" Mike asked.

"I have, the school counselor is really nice." Abby said.

"That's good, have you drawn anything new?" Mike asked.

"No, aunt jane wont let me draw." Abby replied. Mike frowned.

"Well we can't have that, I'll ask Vnaessa to get you some paper and crayons, you can draw all you like when you're here." Mike said. Abby smiled

"Thank you." Abby said.

And that's just what happened, Vanessa got some paper and crayons for Abby to draw with.

Abby drew her, Mike, Vanessa, Max, and Jeff together out in a nice open field with a smiling sun.

The doctor hung it up in Mike's room.

—--------

Vanessa took Abby to get some lunch in the hospital cafeteria, when they were doing that, Max entered Mike's room.

Max smiled, glad he was doing better. He wasn't begging to go back anymore. So hopefully that was progress.

Max sat down in the chair next to Mike's bed.