Breaking In

Mike missed Garret, he missed Abby, and now he missed Vanessa.

He hadn't seen her all that day, he wondered if she was ok. She most likely was, but why didn't she come see him like usual?

Did she learn what had happened, was she disgusted by him now, learning that he was ok getting hurt like this?

Mike wasn't ok with it, he hated it, but he decided to put up with it if it meant his sister was safe. But that still didn't make it ok.

Or maybe it did make it ok.

After his mother died, his father abandoned him, leaving Abby behind for Mike to take care of.

Abby was left with nobody but him, she never asked to be stuck in this situation. She deserved better, she deserved to live a better life than that.

Despite claiming to be happy, Mike was sure she wasn't. Especially not with him.

He felt like if he had given up on her and given Abby to their aunt, Mike was afraid that Abby would take this as her being abandoned.

Now Mike knows that wouldn't have been the case, he was sure she would have thanked him for not trapping her in a poor living condition anymore. She didn't need Mike.

And Mike was convinced that she didn't want him either, the crappy brother that he is. Doing his best, but his best not being enough.

No one wanted him, no one needed him. He was a waste of space on this planet, there was no purpose for him.

But there was someone who wanted him, who needed him. Who gave him a purpose to do the one thing he always wanted to do, and that was protect.

William Afton, the sick man who needed him, who wanted him. Who let Mike give himself up to protect the lives of the innocent.

This was all that he was good for.

A few hours had passed, and William returned.

"Hello Mike." William greeted.

Despite knowing that Vanessa probably wanted to stay far away from his disgusting self, he couldn't help but ask.

"Where's Van?" Mike asked weakly.

"My daughter, she's working late at the station. Why? Did you want to see her?" William asked. Mike nodded.

"Well, I'm sorry to say, but she doesn't want to see you. She never wanted to see in the first place. Having to clean up your wounds, feed you, she saw it all as a waste of time." William said. Mike frown grew deeper.

Mike doesn't know why he was surprised by this information, he should've known that she never cared. She probably wasn't even sorry when she said she couldn't help him escape.

She was probably happy that he was the one getting hurt, it took William's attention off of her.

Mike didn't blame her, if he was able to help in this small way, then he didn't mind if she disliked spending her time with him. He just wanted her to be alright.

William noticed Mike being stuck in thought.

"You don't have to worry about her liking you or not, because I like you. I will always enjoy our time spent together, unlike my ungrateful daughter." William said, kneeling down, but not sitting in front of Mike.

"Isn't she ungrateful?" William asked. Mike nodded, but he didn't personally agree.

"Despite her attractive looks, she won't ever love you, not like I will. You do know I love you right?" William asked. Mike nodded again.