the mission..

i woke up to him still asleep next to me thinking he would've left atleast an hour ago.
I started getting up slowly to get water to not wake him up when I started to feel really nauseous.. I got up quickly and ran to the bathroom to throw up.

It's very unusual for me to get sick randomly and i hate it, throwing up has been my least favourite thing since i was a young child. i was in a crying throwing up ball of mess on the floor next to the toilet when simon appeared behind me with a caring hand on my back as he knelt down to hold my hair behind my head..

"yer alright luv, its alright." ghost mutters into my skin as he kisses the back of my neck softly, "go back to bed.. im sorry for waking you up." i choke between sobs before i throw up again.

"no im staying here to make sure your okay, yer crazy if you think i would ever leave you to be alone while your not feeling well sergeant." he mutters with a loud exhale. "i can hear your phone ringing" i groan "i dont care." ghost answers, his voice cold.

he picks me up and takes me back to bed and gets me water and a puke bag not caring about his phone "but what if its urgent? it could be price o-or soa-" i say quickly before he cuts me off "i said i dont care, i would rather make sure your okay first.." he sighs "but-" instead of fighting with him I decide to just shut up. That is until my phone begins to ring too, it's price. I knew it was price!

I pick up the phone and try to speak but all that comes out is a loud exhale "Y/N? You there sergeant?" I hear price speak into the phone rather louder than needed. "What's up captain, you okay?" I say softly as Simon gets up to go to the kitchen but pauses "you heard from Simon recently? He's not picking up his phone, it's important.. I have a mission for you two." He explains rather calmly.

"I know it's last minute but get ready aye? You two will leave in about an hour or so meaning you'll get to the location at about 9pm. It may seem weird and stressful but it won't be too hard, you just have a few soldiers to kill and some intel to collect at a small camp in the woods a few hours out of town."

I put him on speaker when he said to get ready, Simon hearing all of it but keeping quiet seeing as I told price I hadn't seen him and also ghost had absolutely no reason to be in my room. "Got it, I'll let ghost know." I answer "uh if I see him-!" I add looking up at him, that smirk.. see I can tell he's smirking from those eyes of his. I can tell almost every one of that man's emotions through his eyes.. Magical beautiful things they are.

I only realised I had gotten distracted looking into his eyes when he tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to my phone "sergeant.. you still there or what?" Price called out once again this time my brain actually processing that he was speaking. "Yeah sorry- I'm sorry. I disassociated and didn't realise you were speaking to me.." I groan. "That's alright sergeant.. just listen next time aye? Go get packed. Oh and tell Simon I said mornin" price chuckled from the other side of the phone and my face instantly turns red "wha-" I mutter before price hangs up.

"How the actual fuck did he know?!" I say pinching the bridge of my nose and growling "that's gonna get me into so much trouble.. US! It's gonna get US into so much trouble! god fucking damn it." I say before ghost grabs my wrists and pulls them from my red face and looks at me to calm me down. "Chill out luvie, I'm one of their best soldiers.. they wouldn't risk losing me for something they have no proof of having been done." He chuckles like it's nothing. "Come on, we haven't got much time.. let's get our shit together and go yeh?" He smiles at me, and there we go again with the eye expressions..

~

It had been about three hours and we were still driving. It was about 5pm now and we weren't expecting to get to our destination any time soon seeing as price said it wouldn't be till about 9pm. I became bored as soon as we left base in the truck so I decided to put on music, I found a playlist that I made on Spotify months ago named "Simon 'GHOST' Riley" what can I say, he's a cute single cold hearted lieutenant who probably didn't know I existed that long ago and also my ADHD was probably squealing with impatience knowing that all the songs in it fit him perfectly but I hadn't made the playlist yet.
-

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XXBYmvLwgMxQSE3ZL2NRq?si=9Je3zgKOTrGBs4NvTs1pdQ&pi=a-SAn2gI0_QTWg

(Link to the actual playlist I made↖️)

-

I played it and he only noticed the name of it after it had replayed like 9 times and he was sick of it and clicked Spotify to turn it off. He kinda froze and just left it.. most of the songs were pretty sexual and energetic so I can assume his mind was going a hundred miles an hour at this point.

"Y' alright there Lt.? You seem tense.." I say "shut up." He answers quite quickly "I- what?" I respond "what's up your ass now..?" I mutter feeling bad he's in a bad mood. "Nothin' but you keep talking like that and I'm gonna have to pull this truck over and put you in your place." He grunts before shifting in his seat and I realise what's going on.. "talking like what, Lt.~?" I say before plastering a smirk on my face and ever so slightly placing my hand on his thigh. "You know what I'm talkin' about Y/N, don't test me. Do not start something you can't finish!" He growls, my hand very slowly making its way up his leg "I don't know what you're talking about.. sir. Im pretty sure I can finish whatever your talking about though" i smile 'innocently' "but really you can't stop can you.. cause we're in a mission." I giggle "what a shame for you huh?" I add "you just wait till we get back to base." He growls not so nicely.

Its 8:45pm and we're just about here, we stop the car and park it pretty well hidden before we begin our hike into the woods to find this camp we come across a massive fallen over tree and the second we get to it, it starts raining, not really heavy but definitely enough to soak us.

We bundle up under a few branches and ghost goes to find dry shelter for us to stay in till the rain passes. I'm alone, cold, and practically blind cause it's night and I'm in the forest.. I hear a branch crack and I stand up to run over to 'ghost' when I'm greeted by an unfamiliar mask and an imported looking pistol aimed at me from about 7ft away.. my face drops.

My eyes wide and my mouth in a thin line, hands shaking and brain running faster than possible. I see ghost in the corner of my eye but don't react to it, I know he will figure something out, shoot him.. stab him.. jump on him, anything really.

The strange person pulls the trigger and my eyes flash before my eyes, I'm thinking about the places I hadn't been and the people I hadn't met or said goodbye to when I hear a groan and a loud thud following. I open my eyes and the guy is nowhere to be seen, ran off. And ghost is on the ground infront of me bleeding out. "What in the actual fuck?! What, and I cannot stress this enough, THE FUCK?" My whole body is still in shock, I can't breathe. I'm on my knees in a second with my medkit attempting to find the wounds to atleast stop the bleeding.

I grab tweezers (not having the right equipment with me) and try to pull out the three bullets that hit him, I get two out and I shove gauze into the holes and press ripped shirt material onto them for extra protection from blood loss or infection.

I call price and tell him to get a helo out here ASAP and that ghost has been hit. I suddenly feel a wave of guilt and nausea flood over me.. he saved me, jumped infront of me, got hit cause of me.... I get up and stand behind a tree and throw up before running back to ghost to apply pressure back onto the wounds.

We lay there for hours in the wet, cold, dark Forest waiting for price and the helo to come to help Simon.. I've been crying for atleast an hour as he lie there, head in my lap, hand on his rushed.. bandaged up wounds and tears in his eyes. I can't help but think about the chances of him dying out here, hypothermia.. blood loss.. enemy attack. Anything really.

I begin to nod off, feeling exhausted when I hear the helo in the distance. I grab the flare from my backpack and light it, signaling to price our location..

-

A/N-
IM AM SORRY! I KNOW I PROMISED I WOULD WRITE MORE BUT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE PAIN IVE BEEN THROUGH- it took me almost a week to write 256 words..... IVE HAD THE SHITTEST WRITERS BLOCK FUCKING EVER AND OF COARSE THE ONE NIGHT I ACTUALLY NEEDED SLEEP FOR AN EVENT I STAYED UP TILL 5 AM WRITING- 😭😭

even have like a whole ass notebook for taking notes for ideas to add to my story now💀

1700 words.. hope y'all happy😟