Changing the charter of rights or smthn - was done in a group

Mobility Rights

Mobility of citizens

Old version:

6 (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

New version:

6 (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. Citizens now require a valid passport and only accepted with a valid reason such as work or family related issues. The government has the right to give people removal orders from provinces if they deem it appropriate.

Enforcement

Enforcement of guaranteed rights and freedoms

Old version:

24 (1) Anyone whose rights or freedoms, as guaranteed by this Charter, have been infringed or denied may apply to a court of competent jurisdiction to obtain such remedy as the court considers appropriate and just in the circumstances.

Exclusion of evidence bringing administration of justice into disrepute
(2) Where, in proceedings under subsection (1), a court concludes that evidence was obtained in a manner that infringed or denied any rights or freedoms guaranteed by this Charter, the evidence shall be excluded if it is established that, having regard to all the circumstances, the admission of it in the proceedings would bring the administration of justice into disrepute.

New version:

24 (1) Anyone whose rights or freedoms, as guaranteed by this Charter, have been infringed or denied may not apply to a court of competent jurisdiction to obtain such remedy.

(Removed subsection 2 - No longer relevant)

Fundamental Freedoms

Old version:

Fundamental freedoms

2 Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association.

New version:

Fundamental freedoms

2 Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience;

(b) freedom of thought and opinion;

No freedom of religion. New religions are Buddhism and Taoism

Effects of the Changes to the Constitution

Mobility rights:

We've limited the mobility of citizens by enforcing a passport to pass between provinces. This decreases the amount of unnecessary travel and keeps control over the people.

Enforcement:

We've made it so that if peoples rights and freedoms are infringed/denied they can no longer apply to court to obtain a remedy to their issue. The change removes the second subsection because it is no longer relevant.

Fundamental Freedoms:

We've removed more than half of the freedoms including freedom of religion, expression, freedom of media ect. People are still allowed to have their own thoughts and opinions but are no longer allowed to express them. Since there is no freedom of religion anymore ,there are now two religions to choose from: Buddhism and Taoism.

Report

We have weakened the charter in multiple ways, such as making it so people have limited expression and mobility rights. We have made it so people are not allowed to go to court if their rights are infringed or denied. We have also removed freedom of expression and religion. We chose two religions, Buddhism and Taoism, which promote peace and seeking the truth without fighting.

We will be able to exploit the charter by controlling what is expressed and where people live and travel to. Since we've added passports to provincial borders; they will also have the same rules as travel between countries. The government will have the right to give provincial removal orders if necessary. A removal order means they are legally no longer allowed to stay in that province, and the order may either be effective immediately or be appealed, depending on the situation. If people cannot express their opinions or go to court, they can't fight back if their rights have been violated. Since we have removed the right of expression, public displays such as flag waving and protests for political and religious reasons are punishable by law.

We will profit by having a peaceful and truth-seeking religion where we can give them fake truths to ensure harmony, and compliance. We will be able to know where people are and we can issue removal orders.

Buddhists believe that they seek the truth, taoist are inclined to think they should find the true balance in life and reach immortality. Taoism promotes peace and that violence is the last resort. Buddhism teaches peace and that killing, stealing and lying is not an option.