reflection bs

Write a ~500 word reflection that addresses all of the following:

According to the online test, what are your work values? How do you understand each term? What does it mean to you?

Compare your results from the online quiz to your ranked order, completed on paper. How do they differ or align?

Do you agree with the online test's assessment? Why or why not?

How do the values outlined by your online quiz connect (or not!) to your current career goals? Explain.

My work values, in order, were working conditions, structure, financial reward, performance, work-life balance, security, prestige, creativity, influence, variety, work relationships, autonomy, self-development, and altruism. I understand all the terms, though they do not mean much besides a proper work-life balance and job security. I do not care for influence, self-development, altruism, or variety. I prefer to do my work alone with little to no interaction with others. I somewhat agree with the assessment, though my prestige and influence should be ranked lower while my creativity should be higher. I was not given access to the full report, with the website only giving someone else's example and mine being blocked through a paywall.

The values connect somewhat well to my current career goal. I plan to work from home to maintain a healthy work-life balance, which will also allow me to work by myself, away from other co-workers. This does not mean I do not want interaction with said co-workers, just that I do not value having a 'friendly' relationship with them. I prefer to keep small talk out of my working environment. This does not mean I will be unkind; I am staying professional.

I do not particularly care who I influence with my job or how I influence people. The same goes for altruism. I believe that others should be responsible for their own well-being, which does not fall within my interests or responsibilities. I work purely to support myself and close family members.

Creativity has some value in my work, though it is more of a personal interest and self-development. They are both things I can work on at home and have yet to have a specific spot in my workplace.