Crime scene story

It was the middle of the night, I had decided to go exploring some abandoned house near the forest. No one's been out here in years. I walked up the gravel driveway with my flashlight pointed out in front of me. As I got to the porch I noticed that the door was off its hinges and stuck open.

As I walked into the house I could smell dust and something acidic. Maybe something had spilled in a cleaning closet. As I continued through the house I noticed the living room was a mess. While I walked into the living room I noticed something was very wrong.

There was a pool of blood that covered the carpet in the living room, it looked as though multiple bodies had been dragged through the room. As I looked around I saw multiple streaks of blood covering the walls and floors, staining them a dark red. I wasn't grossed out or shocked like most people would be. I stood in the middle of the room, one foot standing in the blood. There were obvious signs of struggle, the couch was knocked over as well as some lamps and multiple cups that surrounded the coffee table.

Something here felt familiar, I just couldn't figure out what it was. I decided to follow the trail of blood to a door that led to a backyard. A crowded forest fenced in the yard, it was too dark to tell how far the blood went on for. I decided to follow the blood trail, which was becoming thinned out and scarce. The blood carried on into the bushes and deep into the trees.

I did the stupid thing to follow the blood through the bushes, it felt like something was calling me. I started running through the trees completely losing the trail I was following. It felt like I had run for hours when I finally stopped. I noticed a lump beside me. It smelled like rotting flesh. Probably a dead animal or something.

I poked at the flesh and noticed it was the body of a person. I crouched down beside the body and shone my flashlight at it. The longer I looked at the dead person I realized something. This wasn't some random body in the forest. It was mine.