Chapter 1: Setting Stones

When he told Traya what he planned to do Traya immediately responded in disbelief by saying.

"Are you saying that you want to go toe-to-toe with two beings that have been alive for hundreds if not over a thousand years?"

"Yes."

Hector said plainly before adding.
"Whether you join me or not is up to you. I don't blame you if you walk away but I will not stop until I see their bodies filled with worms."

Going back inside he headed towards his room and began to change. Although he thought about it for only a few hours he knew he couldn't do it alone but had allies... across Remnant. In Vale the southern part of Vale basically welcomed him, the east of Vacuo were internally grateful for his slaughter of the Florence crime family. Atlas's lower and somewhat the middle class of Mantle were happy he cleaned up the scum that were kidnapping faunus weren't going to bother them again. While he hadn't operated in Mistral for as long as he liked he did earn serious rep for saving a airship full of civilians and killing half the Brawnwen Tribe though he still was wondering when Raven would show up.

As he was putting on what he wore during the Fall of Beacon which were a bit stained by blood and were a little tattered around the edges of his black coat, he thought about who he should recruit and how his own group would operate. He had plenty of lien from his bounties so he didn't need to worry about that.
As he finally got his gear together he needed to change one last thing:

His gas mask.

He walked over to it which was still on counter near the window. Grabbing it with both hands he stared for a moment at the now somewhat crooked smile. The more he stared into the gas mask he could faintly hear.

"Join me... or burn with them."

'...Cinder...' Hector thought as he clenched the gas mask's outer layer. Quickly putting it on he then made his way downstairs to where Traya was there standing at the door.
The two looked at one another before Hector said.

"If you don't mind I've got an army to make."

"It seems you already have a plan. Tell me who are you trying to recruit? Who would in their right mind would join you? Let alone believe a shadow war that has been plaguing Remnant for untold centuries." Traya asked asking questions that did have truth to them.

She war right on how ridiculous he would sound if he tried telling someone that the Grimm had master or that Ozpin was merely in the process of being reincarnated into some unfortunate soul that would be dragged into another war.

Hector would think that... if he was an idiot. Even when he was the leader of his gang he always was able to make atleast a rough outline in his head about what he wanted and how he was going to get it. Hector then said in a more stern voice.

"We all start somewhere Traya. You think I became The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant overnight? No it took me time to reach a level that not even Huntsmen can accomplish in their life. And it is like I said if you don't want to join me then that's fine. You've always told me you want nothing to do with Ozpin and Salem but that's not going to stop me."

As Hector tried to go around Traya to reach to the doorknob Traya grabbed his wrist and said in quiet yet firm voice.

"All I ask you is to think carefully on your choice. If you choose to fight, if you choose war. Know that you are heading down a path few turn from once the first steps are taken. And with it it carries a terrible price, and in the end you may find you have nothing left to sacrifice... or no one to turn to."

Hector paused and thought about it. Yes it was going to be a very difficult road ahead but if he wasn't going to do it then who will?

"I know but this war has been going on way longer than it should be. Either this war ends... or we will all burn together."
Taking a step foward Hector added.